PDA

View Full Version : .wmv files

Ed Roy
02-24-2004, 08:38 AM
First, being a vt3 userless than 6 months, I think this reciprical service for info is great. I wish other Windows based programs ( like audio editing software) Well here is my ? A client asked to transfer a BetaSP video to a >wmv DVD. I captured the video onto drive V in VT3 as .wmv not .rtv while in the capture mode then without rendering this file (if that is even possible)I closed VT3 and opened a dDVD ceation program (SONIC) I burned a DVD using that .wmv file from the V driveplayed it back on standard DVD with no luck. I surmise one needs "Windows media player" for playback. I also e-mail a sample of the file before the burn and it was very sloooooow but sucessful.Any one have any helpful tips the next time I need to do this .....thanks again
ed

Silkrooster
03-03-2004, 07:50 PM
From my understanding a set top DVD player must be equiped to play wmv files whether video or audio. I may be wrong, but I do beleive that in order to hear the audio you would need to purchase a newer DVD player that supports wmv files. By the way wmv is for video and wma is for audio. I wish I could have been more help.:(

sirpip
03-04-2004, 12:18 AM
If you're running Windows, you can use the utility 'vid2asf.exe' in the Windows directory, which can convert the wmv file to something more manageable perhaps? Just a thought.