PDA

View Full Version : Color Shift with SX-8 and component

JonCrowe
02-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Can someone else give this a try??? Feed color bars into the SX-8 using a component input. Put the bars on both the preview and main bus. Switch between the two (same source) and notice the color shift on the vectorscope. I've noticed this on every component hook-up to some degree. Some SX-8's seem to be better than others, but the color shift is still there. Composite is ok, Y/C has a slight shift (not noticeable) but component always seems to have the problem. Please give this a try and let me know. Thanks.

JonCrowe
02-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Update: The reason for the color shift is due to the fact the "Auto Cal using loop" is not working in 4744. The "Auto Cal" will balance the two buses of the SX-8. The new VT driver fixes the Auto Cal problem, and now every thing is five by five.

Kevin_P
10-07-2004, 11:52 PM
We've been experiencing this problem even with the latest build of VT[3]. Is there another fix?
Thanks,
Kevin Petajan

alexxi
10-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Kevin_P

put black as a source to your component in [main and preview]
use autocalibrate "Calibrate using loop-through" [Procamp]
open 2 VT-Scopes for PGM and Preview/switch both to Vectorscope, you should see now a dot in the middle
go to preferences: SX8 Calibration
use Component U-Offset delta and V-offset delta to adjust the dot, that it has the same position at Preview and Program(exactly in th middle).
For brightness-adjustment use the waveform and the 0 or 7.5 line.

Always switching with the take button gives you an additional control on your monitor

After Adjustment never touch again "calibrate using loop through" otherwise you loose your adjustments...

BTW
Do you notice a moiree at one of the layers?

bg
alexx

Jim Capillo
10-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Fixed in [4] :)

alexxi
10-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Fixed in [4] :)

software and (or) hardware?

bg
alexx

Jim Capillo
10-11-2004, 12:55 PM
software and (or) hardware?

bg
alexx

Not sure - maybe Paul can answer that ? :confused:

alexxi
10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, that Im sitting here at the a** of the world: in VTnotreallysupportedland: Europe!

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/videotoaster/index.html

bg
alexx

Kevin_P
11-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Alexx,
Thanks for the tip, that worked well! Sorry for the delayed response.
Kevin P

radams
11-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey Alexx ,

What about me over here in Europe??
I thought I had helped out a time or two ;)

Cheers,

Kevin_P
11-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey Alexx ,

What about me over here in Europe??
I thought I had helped out a time or two ;)

Cheers,

Hey, thanks to you, too... and everyone!! This is a great group ;)

-Kevin P