PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find/remember the software!....

kleima
02-23-2004, 08:04 PM
My wife's school wants to do a whole course on video (no, they won't hire me - they don't have the buget.:( )
So I was going to suggest some software to them that I saw advertised somewhere.
Do you think I can find it??? I have looked everywhere online and offline.
Does anyone know what it is???
It claimed to make really professional looking videos, doing keying, titles and graphic inserts all automatically. It was advertising the ability to do quick professional training videos, etc.
I swear it was advertised in AV Multimedia, or Videography, but I cannot remember the name.
Anyone?

bradl
02-23-2004, 10:08 PM
My short list for a small budget:
1. Newtek's VT3
2. Sony's Vegas 4.0
3. Adobe's Premier Pro

As far as doing everything automatically, don't count on it. In fact I would shy away from something claiming that...

kleima
02-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Nope, not what I was looking for! I know about all three and have the first two.
The idea would be very little editing and the program I am talking about was supposed to be good for putting together a fancy background and inserting graphics live. Not a live switch, either. VT is out of their budget/expertise. This program was a couple hundred if I recall.

prospector
02-23-2004, 11:28 PM
I can't think of one either and went back for 1 year in Videography, and saw nothing like that.

As far as automatic?
How would it know what cuts or graphic inserts go where?

chribba
02-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Could it be Visual Comander u are thinking about?
http://www.seriousmagic.com

Chribba

kleima
02-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey, that's it! Thanks! Now I just have to read more about it to see if it would do them any good!
Thanks again.