PDA

View Full Version : question for experienced arch vis'ers

ddho1981
02-23-2004, 04:05 PM
when you guys are doing complex buildings with multiple views, both interior and exterior...do you use the same model for all the views? or have separate models for different parts? i'm trying to figure out the best way to approach a project i'm working on....

SamuraiSlayer
02-23-2004, 08:30 PM
i usually model the inside, then the outside, sometimes put them together.

I usually make the wall polys inward-facing so the camera can see through from behind it (get what i mean)

i can probably give a better response tomorrow when im not so tired...:rolleyes:

:cool:

RAZ
02-24-2004, 02:16 AM
As an architect I always model the building as designed with inside/outside all one model. Just layer it properly so you can load in only whats needed. For lower/higher res version just ceate a copy of the building and edit. Having a master complete building as a template is the only way to go really, particularly if you need to amend the model for design changes etc.

Lamont
02-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by RAZ
As an architect I always model the building as designed with inside/outside all one model. Just layer it properly so you can load in only whats needed. For lower/higher res version just ceate a copy of the building and edit. Having a master complete building as a template is the only way to go really, particularly if you need to amend the model for design changes etc. I find this way the best as well. I have a slider for visability (rendering), it's on or off.