PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet is returning .flx files on remote nodes?

Ari Danesh
03-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi,
On the host machine both processors are rendering correctly 64KB jpegs. On the remote machines I get .flx files back that are 2MB.

Anyone run into this problem before? Any solutions?

Ari

mlinde
03-13-2003, 01:44 PM
What are you using for a controller?

Are you sure that your Nodes have correct cmdlines?

Do they all have access to the rendering directory?

Ari Danesh
03-13-2003, 02:37 PM
I am using straight LightWave "Network Rendering"

My cmd line is straightforward

-2-c"Shades_of_Depth:Users:ari:Library:Preferences" -d"Shades_of_Depth:Users:ari:Projects:LightWave Projects" "Shades_of_Depth:Applications:Lightwave 3D 7.5:Programs:job3" "Shades_of_Depth:Applications:Lightwave 3D 7.5:Programs:ack3"

When I take a screen grab of the working LWSN output vs not working LWSN (Terminal Windows)

I do get a difference.

On the working version it is rendering everything in one segment on the non-working version it renders in two segments

On the working version it says "Writing RGB image to filepath:filename.jpg"
On the non-working version it says "Writing RGB image to filepath:filename.flx"

Those are the only differences.

Julian Johnson
03-14-2003, 12:05 AM
Hi Ari,

Your node can't find your Preference files for some reason otherwise it would have read the Camera Segment Memory and wouldn't have defaulted to .flx. Your cmdlne has no space between -2 and -c - might that explain it? It would certainly stop the location of your prefs file being seen by the node. Or is it a typing mistake on the board?

Julian

mlinde
03-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Julian is right about the space, there also needs to be a colon at the end of each directory listing. What follows is broken into multiple lines, but should be all one line in the cmdline file:

-2 -c"Shades_of_Depth:Users:ari:Library:Preferences:" -d"Shades_of_Depth:Users:ari:Projects:LightWave Projects:" "Shades_of_Depth:Applications:Lightwave 3D 7.5:Programs:job3" "Shades_of_Depth:Applications:Lightwave 3D 7.5:Programs:ack3"

Ari Danesh
03-14-2003, 08:20 AM
All working, thanks.