PDA

View Full Version : loading and saving

dbrearley
02-23-2004, 12:54 PM
On both my mac and pc version of lightwave I cannot seem to get the program to remember where files are. For instance, when loading the silver surface I am always prompted that it cannont find the reflection image and I have to manually find it.

it would also be nice if it would remember the last directory instead of defaulting to the lightwave folder.

Any way around this?

DB

ingo
02-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Thats definitly a part where Lightwave gets annoying. You have to define a "Content directory" under Layout->Options->Set content directory... , Lightwave is not as intelligent as other software remembering your last used folder. And why LW always forgots where some of the images are stored, i still have no idea, happens often to me too. And although you show LW the image it doesn't load it, you have to open imageeditor to reload the image and use the surface editor to attach it again, very annoying.
Hopefully when Newtek uses Apples XCode environment to make LW8.1 things will get better.

Triple G
02-23-2004, 01:57 PM
If you're loading objects/scenes/etc. outside of your currently defined content directory, then Lightwave is not going to know where to find things. Properly setting your content directory to the right folder beforehand, and making sure the folders within it are named properly (objects, scenes, images, etc.) eliminates these problems.