PDA

View Full Version : Worley F Prime New Demo 2/23

wacom
02-23-2004, 12:01 PM
There is a little more info and a new demo at www.worley.com on FPrime. Check it and the other demos out if you haven't yet!

Rich
02-23-2004, 02:30 PM
All I see is the video from 2/19. Where is the new 2/23 video located?

multipasser
02-23-2004, 05:49 PM
400$.. w hohoooo :))
Lets all get this..

New movies rocks..

Wednesday he focusses on RENDERING.. i hope GI.

Worley = king

EDIT: OK watched the movie couple of times. The worley render looks smoother. Has better AA.. and is 20x faster. HOW THE HELL IS HE DOING IT? :))

Man, I wanna get my hands on this.

Rich
02-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Sweet! They are going to have an introductory rate of $279! I'm gonna take advantage of that offer. Over $100 off the normal price. Woohoo!

robk
02-25-2004, 10:22 AM
I have looked at all the demos and they look great. He always shows saving of the stills so it is unlike G2 which applies settings to the LW scene file but cannot save images. If it can save what resoulution can it save at? He seems to scale up the renderings for saving whithout any loss. If FPrime can be linked into the LW animation system think how quick animations could be produced!!
I deal in large size Architectural renderings so I deal with 8000x6000 pixel images regularly and I guess it would be too much to think that FPrime could deal with renderings that size. I can only dream. It appears to possibly be a rendering refinement on Directx or Opengl but I don't know if they can produce the final rendering effects that FPrime seems to be producing. If it is linked to Directx or Opengl it will probably be linked to your video card resolution and depth. It still should be high enough that you could produce High defintion animations (if it will do animations)

I have used a good number of Worley's products since The Essence textures for Imagine on the Amiga and PC and Forge also on the Amiga. He never fails to amaze me with his high quality software.

Rob K

Dodgy
02-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Maybe NT should just hire him and be done with it :)

Question is would he lose out on a salary?

robk
02-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Did you see the latest animation with the 144 raytraced lights and an area light as well as over 500,000 polygons?
Worley says it is all done in software not hardware (as I belived before). It would lead me to believe large resolution images might be possible. I'm starting to get excited.

Robk

Dodgy
02-26-2004, 03:36 AM
STARTING to get get excited? STARTING?

LOL Have you taken too many valium?

jat1
02-27-2004, 02:07 AM
is it a replacement for viper and more at the same time? im surprised the thing is so fast, and yea newtek should just get it over with and shove em onto the newtek team....now only if i had 400 dollars....

robk
02-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Although I can't Speak for Steve Worley I have been using his products for over ten years. I believe other that doing plugins for Lightwave he also consults and does custom plugins for the big movie Graphics production houses. He is not just some guy working out of his basement. He is also a co-author of "Texturing and Modeling: A Procedural Approach". I think Newtek would have hired him a long time ago if they could have convinced him to join them.

RobK

WizCraker
02-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by jat1
is it a replacement for viper and more at the same time? im surprised the thing is so fast, and yea newtek should just get it over with and shove em onto the newtek team....now only if i had 400 dollars....

No viper still has its uses.

WizCraker
02-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by robk
Although I can't Speak for Steve Worley I have been using his products for over ten years. I believe other that doing plugins for Lightwave he also consults and does custom plugins for the big movie Graphics production houses. He is not just some guy working out of his basement. He is also a co-author of "Texturing and Modeling: A Procedural Approach". I think Newtek would have hired him a long time ago if they could have convinced him to join them.

RobK

Worley has 5 employees, so it is not just a 1 man shop. I wouldn't be surprised if he helps with plugins for production houses, however most production houses have a R&D department that takes care of the artist tools to get the job done.

multipasser
02-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Well if you figure that Worley is a plugin maker. They SHOULD support 3th party plugins to work. Especially the Worley ones.

I bet we see some examples soon with worley plugins like Sasquatch.

I'm checking their page every hour :))
Cant wait for new stuff...

ted
02-27-2004, 12:22 PM
I'm all for keeping talented people free.
Not always, but too often, once a company buys a talented person, their talent gets stifled by "Corporate" needs and WE lose the persons best work.

Keep up the good work Steve. I hope you'll grace us with a demo at the NAB Party this year. Maybe even a door prize or two.

jat1
02-27-2004, 12:58 PM
NAB party?

ted
02-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Jat1, go here...
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=141278#post141278

jat1
02-27-2004, 02:46 PM
thnx man

silver fox
02-27-2004, 03:38 PM
You guys and gals should also check out this link:

http://www.toasterstore.com/NAB-Party-04.htm

Continuing negotions with sponsors should have the door prize list topping the $10,000 retail mark soon. :D

Ron