PDA

View Full Version : LAG in Modeller

shockwave
02-23-2004, 09:05 AM
This problem just started. When i go to highlight points the blue line following my point lags behind it and is sort of slow. Also when i am rotating the model around I get the lag and then get a shaded wireframe look in the perspective window for a few seconds then back to shaded solid. Ive been using LW for a year and this is new and the model is pretty low poly right now.
Any ideas?:confused:

mattclary
02-23-2004, 09:17 AM
What changed? Any driver updates applied recently?

shockwave
02-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Yes. I just recently installed a new ATI grafix driver program because i was told to upgrade by windows. I use XP. I was thinking the same thing but wanted to get some feedback first . I am not familiar with setting these things up and never fooled around with one. What should i do?
Thanks for the quick reply Matt.:D

mattclary
02-23-2004, 10:58 AM
If you have system restore enabled, you can look at the properties for the display adapter and rollback to the previous driver. That's probably your best bet. If not, look on ATI's web site and see if you can find a newer driver.

edit:
If you got the driver via a Windows update, odds are you can probably find a better one on ATI's site, if the card is not old.

shockwave
02-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Good idea. The reason I updated in the first place was because on start up I was getting (windows overcame serious problem with graphics driver on start up) window. On one occasion I ran a video clip and got the blue screen of death as well. I have played around with the settings and the blue line dosent lag anymore but still it takes time for the points to highlight, but thats with a lot of them . I have only 512 of RAM on my system right now. So I think its about normal .

shockwave
02-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I did the system restore and everything is back to normal and working much more quickly. whew!:D
FYI: I found that doing the system restore LW also goes back to the settings that you may have had it set for at the time you restore back to. But no information or files are lost. You also go back to the desktop you may have had at the time.
Thanks You helped:D

mattclary
02-23-2004, 01:57 PM
OK, I think you mis-understood me. :) All you needed to do was go to the properties > driver details for the video card, and there is a button that says "Rollback to previous driver".

The only reason I mentioned the System Restore is because I thought it needed to be enabled to have that as an option, I won't bore you with why I thought that, but I'm pretty sure I was wrong now. :o