PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Animation and an even more powerful rendering engine

EternalAnimator
02-23-2004, 08:30 AM
I was seriously using Maya in school, and something popped in my mind of having this feature in LW8...and instead of using external plugins, this Liquid Animation could be a built in feature instead...

I actually liked liquid animation in Maya, I hope we could have this in LW8, to animate things like Lava and water. Even if we have real flow, I would love to have something like this built in..

EternalAnimator
02-25-2004, 01:54 PM
What do you guys think?

Dodgy
02-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Well you can get some liquid effects with the particle system (look in the scenes>features>particlefx>fxcollisioncupswish.lws for an example) hopefully 8 will only add to the particle system...

Mylenium
02-25-2004, 11:52 PM
Eternal Animator, let me ask one question: How good are you at Maya's liquid effects? Unless you can handle them in your sleep, I cannot really back up you request to have such a monstrosity (mainly usability wise) in LW. For most Maya users this is a "dead" feature and those that use it mainly resort to the ocean/ pond effects which are ok, but not really breathtaking. Apart from this, NT would not have the 20 (this statement is from the Alias promo DVD) developers that could pull this off.

Mylenium

pixelinfected
02-27-2004, 08:33 AM
with actual PFX you can do a good fluid simulation, but hypervoxel is so slow to render...

for general using you can use it, or buy realflow which is developed exactly to produce a fluid optimized geometry.

faster, optimized and light than every other solution, you can see it llike stand alone solution and plugin for max, maya, lw etc.

p.s. check some roughneck dvd, and you can see good fluid simulation without fluids....