PDA

View Full Version : Character creation process question

zecryan
02-22-2004, 01:07 PM
I am going to be getting involved in a football game project and will be needing to create football players ofcourse. My question is, do any of you klnow any good programs for creating human type character. All the characters in the game will be bbasically the same but some will be shorter than others, taller that others, fatter than others, skinnier than other, etc... I would need a program that could edit these feature faster and effiently(sp) which easy control. If there is a tool like that I would be greatful to see it becuase that tool could save me alot of time now and probloby(sp) more time in the furture.

Thank You
Ryan Zec

evenflcw
02-22-2004, 05:12 PM
If you can model or get a hold of an average looking character, it wouldn't be that hard to create variantions based on that same mesh. It's just a matter of dragging the points around. You could even create some extremes versions (one short, one tall, one fat and one skinny etc) as endomorphs and then mix these using the regular MorphMixer and File>Save>Save Transformed to create a large population where every character is unique.

zecryan
02-23-2004, 04:07 AM
I am also going to want a program that will help me create all type of character/creatures for games like RPG's, and Adventure game too. I did see creature creator, could anyone rate that becuase there demo for that does not work. Is there anythign else that is Lightwave 3d plug-in or standalone package like that?

private
02-23-2004, 06:30 AM
Use Lightwave. You can accomplish what you want to do with Lightwave.

zecryan
02-23-2004, 09:00 AM
I know i can but i dont want to spend months on certain characters when i can save loads of time use something else.

CB_3D
02-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Preparing a base character mesh for a game takes no more than a day, and the morph variations should take you no longer than an hour or two?!

zecryan
02-23-2004, 01:34 PM
If i were to make a bat, a human, a elf, a dragon, a anit (cant speel it but the tree god like the ones in LOTR), and a ant, morphing would take alot of type from i bas model. I guess no one can recommond creature creator or another program. I will just do it my hand.

private
02-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Turbo squid has many models you can buy.