PDA

View Full Version : Render and keep working...

mlinde
03-13-2003, 11:51 AM
I've just posted the Mac version of a new plug-in/lscript called Launch Mode3. You can read about it here:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1856

mlinde
03-27-2003, 08:29 AM
This script has now been updated with some minor speed improvements, and the ability to work with the windows version of Lightwave.

cremegg
03-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Cheers mlinde :D

skippy
03-27-2003, 01:22 PM
excellent!

thank you!

mlinde
06-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Hello all.
I've just updated a few of the LScripts I have written, and moved them to a different site as I am transitioning between hosting solutions. First of all here's the link:
http://www.geocities.com/mlinde/

Now, the skinny:
1) There's a new script that does all sorts of fun things to help you load a new scene. Julian Johnson was mentioning the steps he goes through to load, and I thought I'd help him out, but everyone can try it. It's called "Setup & Load Scene"

2) I'm in the process of updating my Mode3 script (to set up external rendering) with a few new features, but I wanted to share the news early. Here are some of the upcoming features:
- Automaticaly Generate Mode 2 or Mode 3 command line files
- Initialize with customized configuration to allow changing the content directory while working in Layout and Rendering with ScreamerNet.
- Choose multithreading options for each project.

Oh, and all of these are cross platform, but the LaunchMode3 has two different versions right now.

toby
06-23-2003, 06:55 PM
very cool mlinde!
will these work in 7.5c?

thank you

toby
06-23-2003, 07:00 PM
btw I have a "poor man's" reder-and-keep-working method, copy the LW folder and re-name the app. You can then run 2 copies, but only if the hub's off.

mlinde
06-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by toby
very cool mlinde!
will these work in 7.5c?

thank you

Sadly, no. The scripts utilize the File(); command which no longer fuctions correctly with 7.5c/ LScript 2.6.1

maybe with the next update they will work again though!

murdoch
06-29-2003, 03:36 PM
yep, very nice indeed.

thanks alot.

mlinde
06-30-2003, 02:35 PM
So I've finished the upgrades to the plugin/script I created for setting up LWSN nodes. The newest version can be had at:
http://www.geocities.com/mlinde/

Here's the fun things you want to know:

Launch Mode3 is now called Screamernet Setup.
Features:

- generates the command files for both Mode -2 and Mode -3 LWSN rendering. If you don't know what that means, it's in the manual under "distributed rendering."

- generates a custom configuration directory (inside the current content directory) that is referenced by LWSN. This allows you to render one project and still utilize all the features of Lightwave (including changing the content directory for another project)

- works for both Macintosh and Windows Lightwave ***NOTE: Macintosh 7.5c has a bug with LScript 2.6.1 that prevents this script from functioning. You must use LScript 2.5 (which shipped with 7.5) or earlier An upcoming release of Lightwave or LScript should fix this problem.

- takes the trouble out of typing up cmdline files or .bat files

- still 100% FREE!!!

toby
06-30-2003, 03:00 PM
He's outta control! Somebody stop him before he gives it all away!

btw, any serious drawbacks associated with back-dating the lscript?

mlinde
06-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by toby
He's outta control! Somebody stop him before he gives it all away!

btw, any serious drawbacks associated with back-dating the lscript?

I don't know, actually. I know that none of the scripts shipping with 7.5c require 2.6.1. I don't know if the program will freak with an older version. You can always save the current one and try it!