PDA

View Full Version : HDRI speckled render

parm
02-21-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm trying to render a scene using HDRI, but the results are not too good. The final renders turn out completely peppered with tiny bright specks. Does anybody have any idea what might be going on here. Any help would be most welcome

Parm

wingwalker
02-21-2004, 04:35 PM
What radiosity calculation are you using?

Monecarlo? interpolated?

I would suggest you up your settings and if using inetpolated adjust the minimum spacing.

You wont need to adjust the indirect bounce setting.

Rob T

parm
02-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the response.
I've been using backdrop only, for radiosity type and 4x12 rays per evaluation. No other lights and no ambient. I'll try another render upping the rays per evaluation, as soon as I go offline, and then in the morning I'll try your suggestion with the interpolated setting, as for Monte Carlo, the last time I tried that , my render took six days to complete, the result might not be worth the wait.

Cheers!

mattclary
02-21-2004, 06:02 PM
I was having this EXACT problem the other day, I'll have to go back and look at it again.

wingwalker
02-22-2004, 07:09 AM
Just one thing...You have 1 light in your scene...set it to 0 intensity, so you only get the HDRI map lighting.

Also have a look at this page. http://www.hades-studios.com/hdritutorial

Post your results

Rob T

toby
02-22-2004, 04:54 PM
This is backdrop radiosity, 3x9, done with the motion blur trick and enhanced med. AA. With raytraced reflection and refraction on and at 960x460 it takes 30 min. on a dual 450.

For the sake of speed I left Shading noise reduction OFF and adaptive sampling ON and motion blur at 1% (it makes no difference to the radiosity)

It can depend on the image you're using too, if it has really hot spots you may have to throw higher settings at it -