PDA

View Full Version : Trick to "Make Preview"??

Johnny
02-21-2004, 11:24 AM
I have successfully gotten Layout to Make Preview for me, but 4 out of 5 times, the time line pointer advances, but the scene won't advance.

I have my viewports like this: 1 on left, 2 on right. the Left one is in camera view, wireframe, and I have my Make Preview palette over that frame when I hit ok (after punching in the start and end frames)

Sometimes, scrubbing in the time line does the trick, sometimes changing the position of the make preview palette works, too..

Is this about how it goes, or is there some fail-proof method?

Johnny

toby
02-21-2004, 12:55 PM
The preview is always in the upper-most, left-most viewport no matter where your pointer is -

As far as 'stalling' and making a blank preview, it happens to me every once in a while, don't know a particular fix, I just start it over again - it seems to happen with heavy scenes more often (this is not a Mac-only occurance). It could be that the preview doesn't wait long enough for LW to calculate the first frame (subD's, IK, etc.) before it starts advancing - putting the timeslider on the starting frame of the preview might help, but I haven't tried it

drclare
02-21-2004, 05:24 PM
The trick is to always let every viewport refresh before making the preview. Even if your main viewport refreshed, but the any of the other haven't, the preview won't happen. Try keeping as many viewports as you can in wireframe mode so they refresh faster. Or, maxmize your main viewport before making a preview.

toby
02-21-2004, 07:14 PM
That makes sense!

Make it so!

engage!