PDA

View Full Version : VT3 interface

Dario Bajurin
02-21-2004, 04:30 AM
Vt3 interface is slow on my comp. (Dual Xeon 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM ...Win Xp)

1. When I push right mouse button I need at least 1-2 sec. for menu to show up. Is this normal.

2. When I for ex. want to change any drop down menu I have to wait 1-2 sec. And when You do a lot with 3D positioning, color correcting ... it is frustrating

3. ....

Is it possible to spped up interface in future updates? Can I speed it up with some hardware changes?

Dario
www.opis.hr

SBowie
02-21-2004, 05:22 AM
1. When I push right mouse button I need at least 1-2 sec. for menu to show up. Is this normal. No.

2. When I for ex. want to change any drop down menu I have to wait 1-2 sec. This is not normal either.

3. Is it possible to spped up interface in future updates? Can I speed it up with some hardware changes? My guess is that you have the nVidia Desktop Manager enabled, and are experiencing the typical problems many have when this is so. Just turn it off, and the issues should disappear. If that's not it, what sort of graphics card are you using?

Ivan
02-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Additionally, if you turn off the icons in the timeline you will gain some performance. To do this go to the down pointing triangle on the far right of the timeline, hold down the left mouse button and select "No Icons".

And what Steve said because this is not normal.

Ivan

Dario Bajurin
02-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks Steve,

It was nVidia Desktop manager!!!

Thanks again!

Dario
www.opis.hr

SBowie
02-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Glad to help, Dario :)

tmon
02-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Does anyone know how to PERMANENTLY turn nvidia's Desktop manager off?

Jim Capillo
02-22-2004, 05:40 AM
What do you mean permanently? If you disable it, it should remain off. Is it coming back on every time you boot up?