PDA

View Full Version : where do i go to sell high end system

Miked01
03-13-2003, 10:56 AM
:confused: Does anyone know where I can go to sell a 4 month old, used once, dual 2.2 gig, 80 gig 7200rpm systym drive, 80 gig 7200 rpm audio, 4- 10,000 rpm cheetahs in raid 0 config, Ti 4600 graph card? I have 0 time to use it paid $13,000.00 and have no idea where to begin as far as selling it. Thanks for any and all help.

sptbg_vt_geek
04-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Best bet, go where the rest of the world goes to sell stuff

EBAY!!!

:D :D :p

JReble
04-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Hey, I've got one of those too. Never used and only dropped once. Get it while it's hot!

Miked01
04-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Were you ever held as a child?

Captain Zinc
04-05-2003, 07:46 PM
What is the lowest bottom line price you might consider selling?

I am considering a video toaster in the near future, but naturally would be hesitant to buy a second had system without
a serious discount.

I mean really serious. Especially considering how quickly
hardware is advancing.

I also have a question about minimum requirements
for uncompressed beta as opposed to merely DV.

thanx

sptbg_vt_geek
04-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Captain Zinc
What is the lowest bottom line price you might consider selling?

I am considering a video toaster in the near future, but naturally would be hesitant to buy a second had system without
a serious discount.

I mean really serious. Especially considering how quickly
hardware is advancing.

I also have a question about minimum requirements
for uncompressed beta as opposed to merely DV.

thanx

I didn't even know you could put upcompressed beta through non-linear?!? :confused:

Since the quality turns out about the same, requirements would probably be about the same. Just run it through your VT box and the computer probably wouldn't know a difference between the Beta and consumer VHS (Unless you genlock your decks...)

Miked01
04-07-2003, 06:23 AM
It is still under warranty and the lowest I will accept is 6K I know that the system is worth 8k without the toaster right now (new). That's 10.5k new. And believe me this system is as close to new as you can get.

kleima
04-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Beta is not compressed, it is analog! (Unless you're talking Digital Beta - then it IS compressed.)
The Toasters native RTV is uncompressed - yes, better quality than Digital Beta if you can find a camera that can shoot uncompressed! In other words, any quality short of HD that you can throw at the Toaster will be FULLY and COMPLETELY captured without degradation on the part of the Toaster.
Not only that, but the Toaster's RTV takes LESS computer power (albeit more bandwidth/drive speed) than DV. This is because DV has to be compressed and uncompressed by the CPU.
Yes, the Toaster can handle "uncompressed Beta" if you mean capturing a component Beta signal with no loss. It handles it very easily! In fact with the right system you could get 7-8 layers of "uncompressed Beta" in REAL TIME on the Toaster!
Try that on any other sytem less than $100K!

kleima
04-17-2003, 09:58 PM
You're right, by the way, about the Toaster not knowing the difference between Beta and VHS. Any signal you input and capture in the uncompressed format will be the same amount of data regardless of the amount of data on the original stream.