PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Brand new exciting feature

khan_one
02-20-2004, 08:16 AM
It could be good and unique on the 3D market to have a particular feature.

Sometimes, when you make an animation, you often render some of the frames. The tool I imagine would keep these pictures of the rendered frames and show them on the timeline.
In that way, we would be able to have significant pictures of our work directly in the layout and even play a loop of the frames (plus fps control) to have an idea of the animation.
This tool would have a on and off function not to overload the timeline that will have new features.

what do you think about it lw team and lw lovers?

Psyhke
02-20-2004, 05:06 PM
I don't know exactly what you are saying...do you mean something along the lines of a 'storyboarding' capability? Where you can organize single-frame renders of your choosing into a timeline of thumbnail images?

khan_one
02-21-2004, 05:07 AM
I'm doing a viewlet (flash animation with viewlet builder) to explain my idea.

khan_one
02-27-2004, 10:01 AM
This tool would able to place a rendered picture to the timeline.

1. keep the frame

khan_one
02-27-2004, 10:03 AM
2. View the rendered pics in the timeline

khan_one
02-27-2004, 10:07 AM
3. Select the picture viewing window in the menu

khan_one
02-27-2004, 10:10 AM
4.you could refresh the picture, a kind of masked render of the modified parameters.

khan_one
02-27-2004, 10:14 AM
5. Lastly, we could see the all pictures in a window and save the sequence.

khan_one
02-27-2004, 10:20 AM
This Function could help to see the most important poses in an animation when this one is played in the layout and even keep the images not to have to render them again for the final animation.
Having a short sequence with the pictures can be a kind of high quality preview of the important parts of the animation.

What do you think about it?

Psyhke
02-28-2004, 01:12 AM
Okay, I see what you are saying now. Not a bad idea. However I can see some usability issues...such as if you make a render at a certain frame for preview reasons supposedly, then it means you're still working on the animation, so wouldn't it happen pretty often that you've tweaked something, moved something, added something, etc. nearby or at that frame thus making it inaccurate? I see you have a 'refreshing' screen. Does that mean the main purpose is to tag these 'key' frames so that you can quickly select them for basically a re-render? It would still take a full render time for each frame to update, so to me the main benefit here is more for making more or less a 'selection set' of frames that can be easily found for re-rendering. I dunno. I'm confusing myself now.:)

What comes to mind for me is having little thumbnails of those renders appear in some sort of timeline (separate viewport? as little pop-ups when selecting your blue-marked keyframes?) so that you can start to get a storyboard-like sense of you animation...