PDA

View Full Version : Only Generic Scripts will run

GregMalick
02-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Something is seriously wrong (probably with me). I can only get generic Scripts to run in Layout. With all other types I get the message:

File 'C:\Lightwave\Lscripts\Animate\cruisecontrol.ls' line 9
Script type 'motion' differs from architecture

This even happens for templates that LSED can generate (master, channel, item animation). Even the samples that came with Lightwave have this problem.

BTW I'm using LW-7.5c

Has anyone encountered this message? A search on 'architecture' in this forum did not turn up anything relevant.

:confused:

oh... no syntax errors either.

Kvaalen
02-20-2004, 07:50 AM
How are you trying to run the LScript?
You are trying to run a motion LScript that needs to be run from the motion options panel (and not from the LScript menu under the LScript tab).

GregMalick
02-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Yes, I'm trying these different scripts using
on LScript TAB ... LScript Tools/LScript and then choosing the script using the File dialog.

I'm trying to do the example in Chapter22 of the LScript User manual. I don't see anthingthing mentioned except "now run the script" on p203.

what can you tell me?

wiffzack
02-20-2004, 12:12 PM
if i understand this wright you choose the wrong script target. Motion scripts could be executed from the motion panel. DM in the object properties panel and so on.

Install the scripts first in Layout - then you find them automatically in the popups

Kvaalen
02-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by wiffzack
if i understand this wright you choose the wrong script target. Motion scripts could be executed from the motion panel. DM in the object properties panel and so on.

Install the scripts first in Layout - then you find them automatically in the popups

Yes, this is your problem. You don't have to install them though it is more convenient. If you are only planning to run the script once and then forget about it you can just select LScript from the add on menu (under the motion tab) and double click on it to choose the LScript.

GregMalick
02-21-2004, 12:48 AM
:D Thanks a bunch... you are of course both absolutely right.

And when I think about it, it makes sense although I haven't been able to find it mentioned in the manuals.

It also took me a while to discover that myScript.ls was showing up at the end of the list in Add Modifers on the Motion Options Panel instead of where I expected it. I thought my system was hosed. I'm kinda embarrassed :o that I emailed support on this one -- I thought I was going to have to reinstall Lightwave. It just wasn't obvious to me.

Thanks again for the help... my only excuse is that this is day 5 of my writing LScripts.