PDA

View Full Version : screamernet on mac

heynewt
02-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi,

I'm a Mac newbie. Love the OS, but after years of setting up screamernets flawlessly on windows, I'm having a little trouble on the mac (panther).

No problem with LWSN running just on the host machine. That's fine. But I'm trying to set up nodes on another G5 which has full administrator priviledges to this machine. I'm told that all I have to do is, from my node machine, navigate to my LWSN directory and make an alias and double click on it. But when I do that it says it can't find the "job". That makes sense since the LWSN command line refers to a path that doesn't exist on the node machine, only the host machine.

My question is this: In Macs, how do you write network paths in command lines? In windows, you set up network drives as drive letters, but you can't do that in Panther.

Robert Newton

paintboy
02-19-2004, 02:56 PM
Heynewt,
look here
http://www.exch.demon.co.uk/screamer_rules.htm

hope this helps!

heynewt
02-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the link, Tim. That did it. Wasn't "mounting" my volumes. I hate it when I'm not mounting correctly.

Robert

paintboy
02-20-2004, 07:54 AM
heynewt
julian's "tome" cuts to the chase.
glad it helped, man... another g5 already?
you are worse than me;)if thats possible?
nice to know that snet works under
panther. seeya!

heynewt
02-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Tim,

Yes, that really helped. In fact yesterday I bought the Catalyst screamernet controller. Nice little render toy.

As for the other G5. It's the production company's I'm working for. Everytime they buy a new Mac, I just see more render nodes.

Robert