PDA

View Full Version : It's about time for LW 8 !

eggy
02-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Where is Lightwave 8 ?
I already paid for it last May.:mad:

Just wanted to know something new.
Sorry I'm a little pissed, it's really getting time for a update.
If there isn't any LW8 update soon (damn, I already paid for it) it's to late for me, I will switch the toll (XSI, and I'm not the only one) :eek:

hrgiger
02-19-2004, 01:28 PM
You knew you when you bought it that it wouldn't be out until at least 4th quarter 2003. It's now less then 2 months late. Not much you can do about it. Giving us the ol' "You better release it or I'm gonna buy another package" doesn't hurry matters along. Do what you have to do.

lunarcamel
02-19-2004, 01:32 PM
hehe - I'm not surprised it still hasn't shipped. I'm not even bothering with 8 as Ive moved on to better things but I will prob grab the next upgrade if it offers some modeling and rendering enhancments.

If there's one thing I hate it is when companies offer a deal then take your money well in advance - then you sit waiting for the product. I'm pretty sure this isn't the 1st time NT has done this too. Eventually you will get the update and be happy - what's another couple of days ... or months...

Plus there's a reason they are taking so long - it's just not ready :)

TSpyrison
02-19-2004, 02:12 PM
"I will switch the toll (XSI, and I'm not the only one)"

Then when it ships you'll have a copy of Lightwave 8 and XSI.. or will you expect NewTek to give you your cash back?

Just chill, it will be out when it comes out.

I fully expect NewTek to not even give us a clue about the next release.. And I don't blame 'em if they do.

jcool
02-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Hey, this guy has every right to be pissed off. If I was dumb enough to pre-order I would be too.

TSpyrison
02-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by jcool
Hey, this guy has every right to be pissed off. If I was dumb enough to pre-order I would be too.

I pre-ordered
You calling me dumb? Im enjoying my DFX+ right now..
When lightwave 8 is released I'll be enjoying that too..

Nobody held a gun to anyone’s head and forced them to pre-order.

All of this "Im taking my toys and going home" attitude is getting tiring.

nerdyguy227
02-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by jcool
Hey, this guy has every right to be pissed off.

Just as much of a right as what we have to not be.

sanderdes
02-19-2004, 02:47 PM
These threads are totally useless, because the Newtek team doesn't reply on these post.
Mr 'oh so loved' Proton who releases a new 1 minute video once a week, ignores these threads completely.

Like if one video a week is enough, for having paid a whole sh*tload of money more than half a year ago. Of course there are people who say "well, you didn't HAVE to buy lw8"...I think these people are just too disappointed, and want to get rid of that annoying feeling, so they start thinking of excuses for NT....come on guys. Newtek is a company, just like any other...software or not, they have their deadlines, and it's bullsh*t to say that software developement is not an exact science, because it is. Debugging is part of software developement, and you can predict the amount of time needed to spend on that part of developement. Sometimes unexpected bugs can appear....but then they should just have a margin big enough in their deadline, to avoid problems. Maybe NT just has some badly educated managers who never heard of margins, but to be honest, I don't think that's the case....then what is the case ? Not a clue, but something is terribly wrong.

The thing is, these posts do not in any way shorten 'the wait for 8' . Let's just keep hoping it 'll be out soon.

hrgiger
02-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by sanderdes
Of course there are people who say "well, you didn't HAVE to buy lw8"...I think these people are just too disappointed, and want to get rid of that annoying feeling, so they start thinking of excuses for NT....come on guys.

Don't speak for me thank you. I'm glad I pre-ordered my Lightwave when I had the money to do so. And I'm glad I got to take advantage of the DFX offer.

You got one thing right. People complaining about it doesn't shorten our wait. I'd love to have Lightwave 8 now as much as the next guy and I'm just as disappointed by the late release as much as the next guy but I still have plenty I can do with Lightwave 7.5 while I wait. I realize there's not much I can do so why bother complaining? I think some people around here are acting like Lightwave 8 is just all of a sudden going to make them a better artist and they're somehow incapacitated until it is released.

riki
02-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Hi sanderdes, there's really no need for personal attacks. I'm sure it doesn't help to get you message across.

Chuck
02-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by eggy
Where is Lightwave 8 ?
I already paid for it last May.:mad:

Just wanted to know something new.
Sorry I'm a little pissed, it's really getting time for a update.
If there isn't any LW8 update soon (damn, I already paid for it) it's to late for me, I will switch the toll (XSI, and I'm not the only one) :eek:

Pre-orders of LW8 for those who already own 7.5 were not being offered in May. Full seats of 7.5 and upgrades to 7.5 from earlier versions were what was available in May, and buyers of those items at that time are indeed going to receive the upgrade to 8 free. Pre-orders for 8 began in June as a means to allow those who already owned 7.5 to purchase the DFX+ special offer.

Work on LightWave Eight is proceding just as fast as possible, and we will be releasing it just as soon as it is ready.