PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrghhh Spamming *beeps*

samartin
02-19-2004, 03:47 AM
I guess everyone is getting pretty fed up with MR DEMON now, but we know he will be re-incarnated yet again has a double D, triple D etc... etc...

Sorry for this rant but I can't stand preachers and sorry this has nothing to do with LW, but maybe there could be some way of not giving free reign to signing up here. Or maybe not allowing posting until the new user has PM'd an admin type or someat ???

Steve McRae
02-19-2004, 04:22 AM
i agree completely - it's annoying

TyVole
02-19-2004, 04:53 AM
The funny thing is that he was perhaps offering a legitimate service to LightWave users.

If he had just made a single post, honestly stating that he was from such-and-such company offering such-and-such services, no one would have objected and he may have gotten some business.

But now, you'd have to be crazy to use their services.

cresshead
02-19-2004, 05:12 AM
yup have to agree that there's a good way and a bad way to get noticed..he's chosen the simple,quick and bad way to offer his services...i've reported his posts as spam so he shold get deleted soon.:rolleyes:

samartin
02-19-2004, 05:37 AM
Yeah I totally agree, if I had rendering requirements I would have been happy to read the thread "Need quicker rendering speed" or whatever. But this guy/gal really has displayed a bad public stunt to render whatever it's called but the thing is they may just keep coming back yet again and again.

Shame they don't have a moderator working, speaking for myself GMT time...

Matt
02-19-2004, 05:42 AM
what was he offering anyway? it was pulled before I had the misfortune of reading it!

samartin
02-19-2004, 05:44 AM
He was offering a rendering service but not openening a thread to do it, instead he replied to 10 posts today "3Ddemon" is the culprit and the service is totally unrelated to the threads he/she decided to post in. If you browse around a bit more I'm sure you will find out what service they are promoting, it's a very lame way of doing so and prob. do more harm than good...

Neil_Campbell
02-19-2004, 06:19 AM
I think he's either:

(1) an idiot who doesn't know jack about advertising and marketing but genuinely thinks he's doing something positive by telling us about a new render farm service - although I find that hard to believe after he's been banned and then has re-joined NewTek's forums within what, 12 hours

(2) a low life, run of the mill, spammer, pedalling some (potentially) second rate service, and just trying to get the brandname to stick in people's minds so they find themselves going to rendercore when they need a render farm and forget about ResPower, RenderKing, ....

(3) someone with a grudge against rendercore looking to give them a bad name by spamming on their behalf - this at least seems to be working, even if only through guilt by association.

So does anyone know anything about rendercore, other than what's on their website? Are they a decent outfit? Or a start-up that no-one's ever heard of? I only ask because it would be a shame to condem a company if 3Ddemon isn't actually one of their employees and is engaged in point 3 above.

But if he's a spammer working on their behalf, or is a rendercore employee .... :mad:

colkai
02-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Can't someone just find out who hw is, go round and break his kneecaps, ohh, and smash his wrists whilst you're at it.

He's back and spamming like mad. What say all forum members start spamming the rendercore website? I find it hard to believe he isn't invloved. If he isn't well, if they did just help him out, and he isn't part of them, maybe they can do something about him.

Either way, I'd like to snap this guys neck :mad:

Well, contact info is listed as...

RENDERCORE REMOTE RENDERING SERVICES:

1200 W 7th Street, Suite L2-280
LA, California 90017-2349
voice: 213-627-3149
FAX: 213-623-3149
email: [email protected]

Go wild guys, spam 'em to death ........... :p

Alan Daniels
02-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Neil_Campbell
So does anyone know anything about rendercore, other than what's on their website?...

The first time I've ever heard of these guys is through spam on a message board, which tells me everything I need to know. They're either doing it themselves, or they made a customer/employee so angry that they're getting revenge by trashing their name. Both possibilities indicate that this isn't a trustworthy company.

I wish I could see if the IP address of the spammer matches that of rendercore. I'm inclined to believe it is them. Whoever these idiots are, they keep on spamming even having their original account revoked, so it seems like the only option is for the admins to ban the entire IP block.

Hey rendercore, don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out! :mad:

trentonia
02-23-2004, 07:52 AM
I agree. The guy probably works at RenderCore. I've used RenderCore back when they were called EPowerGate. I've also used several other Render services around the country and I prefer ResPower. RenderCore and others used to charge about $5.00 per CPU per hour, until Respower came along then they all had to cut their prices. They were ripping people off for years. http://www.respower.com ResPower is cheaper, they have more machines and power, they let you use ALL of the machines (RenderCore limits you to a certain number), ResPower is available at any time of the day or night without having to talk to anyone (RenderCore and others make you call and reserve dates and times. How many animators have you met who know exactly what dates and times they will need a renderfarm?). In my mind, ResPower's render farm works the way a render farm should. Hopefully ResPower will put RenderCore out of business. Just my 17 cents worth. Sorry.

ResPower
02-23-2004, 08:08 AM
If anyone every catches someone from our company doing that kind of thing, I would fire them post haste.

From what I understand our esteemed "competition" is owned by a Korean company. May be a cultural faux pas going on.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone about our service. We're always trying to improve. If anyone has a problem with our methods of advertising our render farm (http://www.respower.com) PLEASE email me directly at [email protected] or [email protected] Thanks!