PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming positions for VT experienced people

K2OWR
02-18-2004, 09:58 AM
New York City Off Track Betting will be looking for experienced personnel to operate our new VT3 equipment.
We are a New York City Agency dealing in legal gambling in the process of constructing new TV studios.
We are on the air 24hrs. daily in NYC on 2 cable channels
A great business to be in these days!

Please respond with short description of skills and experience.

I am the Director of Engineering and responsible for hiring these indidviduals.

K2OWR
02-24-2004, 06:06 AM
24 views and not one single response......amazing.
Who says we have an unemployment problem?

flyeredits
03-01-2004, 06:59 AM
Howdy,

I saw the ad when you first posted it, however I am located in NH and that would be one heck of a commute! At second glance, the job might be worth it, if the pay is decent enough.
I have plenty of experience editing using the VT, going back to the Video Flyer days, to the present moment on the VT3. I do Lightwave animation as well.

My Email is: toastlite"AT"aol.com replace the "AT" with an @

Thank you,
Rob Boyce

Glen Sanders
03-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh no. Do you mean to tell me there are no VT freelancers in the NY area? I am seriously thinking about purchasing a system but would need a group of reliable freelancers to edit and td live shows.

I'm in NYC as well and would love to compare notes.

Glen

toasterhombre
03-20-2004, 08:14 AM
I actually emailed about the gig but never received a response. I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty doing video again.....so if ya need freelance in NY and I am in town. . .drop me a line.

K2OWR
03-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Toasterdude........I'm sorry if I never replied. I thought I had.

Varto is scheduled to install our VT3 this week. We will use it only for clip playback for a little while until the ops get used to this new toy.
I expect many problems with our current staff because of union issues etc.
We are rethinking our staffing needs and this is why I can only be vague about upcoming positions. My original intent was simply to flush out any toaster proficient people in the NYC area. The response has been fairly underwhelming to say the least; but it gave me a pretty good indication that the talent pool is either not checking these boards or there just aren't too many people out there.
Things move very slowly here in city government (OTB) and all I know for sure at this point is that the Toaster will give our channel a nice professional look. Who will ultimately operate the box is completely undecided at this point.

Bill
NYCOTB Corp.

toasterhombre
03-21-2004, 06:25 AM
No problem. Varto is a great guy. I have done a few VT seminars at his location. He really takes care of his customers anbd is a great friend! Let me know if ya need any assistance at all. . . .

rapturex
04-10-2004, 01:51 AM
I am located 20 minutes outside of NYC and i am willing to travel there. I have over 2 years experience with both toaster 2 and 3. Id like to setup a phone call or an email coversation if possible, please reply to this if you are still in need of someone for this position.

Thanks very much!

jimhouston
04-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi
I have been teaching my students to use VT2 and now VT3 in a studio setting.
We use it for live switching of 4 studio cameras, CG and DVE effects.

I could train my career ed students to do what you need them to do and then you can interview whoever wants to work as summer relief or part time for you.