PDA

View Full Version : Toaster/TMPGEnc/Joiner?/Encore/DVD

biglittlekitty
02-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I tried to string 5 MPEG-2 files to one using ( Easy Joiner 2.5 ) to Adobe Encore as one file. Adobe Encore did not allow me to burn it. The application stated the the file was too big. I know it fits. I put all the files on a DVD as seperate files and had half the disk free.

Does anyone know of a joiner application that Encore will reconize and allow me to author with out re-encoding to a New MPEG-2 file? ( Once it has been joined I dont know if you can re-encode it. I havent tried it yet. ) And if I have to string up seperate files to make one and re-encode does the re-encode effect the quality of the MPEG-2?

If Toaster would render out to an Mpeg-2 file this whole process would be faster and easier. Do they ever plan to incorporate an MPEG-2 encoder into the toaster?

Thankx,
Biglittle

Dan Hong
02-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Where did the MPEG-2 files come from. You can edit/join them on the VT-Edit timeline (you need an mpeg-2 codec such as the elecard, installed on your system). Save the project as avi (the avi wrapper) and encode with tmpegenc.

biglittlekitty
02-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I know... I wish I could come straight out of the Toaster as an MPEG-2. Then to authoring software to DVD.

Ivan
02-18-2004, 05:29 PM
ActuallyTMPGEnc will encode RTV files or the avi encoded projects directly from VTEdit

Ivan

ScorpioProd
02-18-2004, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't recommend joining them together in VT-Edit and then re-encoding them, that would certainly be a BIG quality hit.

Why do you want to join them together versus just linking them one after each other in Encore? Can't it do that???

DVD Workshop has no problem setting an afterplay function to make one title run straight to the next.

Scott Bates
02-18-2004, 09:19 PM
TMPGEnc Plus will merge multiple MPEG2 files - File Menu, MPEG Tools, last tab. Only used it once, but don't recall having any problems with it. Have no idea if Encore will like it, but since it would be just a single MPEG2 file it should.

biglittlekitty
02-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Which encoder will render a AVI file out of the toaster?

From DAN HONG:
VT-Edit timeline (you need an mpeg-2 codec such as the elecard, installed on your system). Save the project as avi (the avi wrapper) and encode with tmpegenc.

If I had the elecard (mpeg-2 codec) I could work with MPEG 1-2 files on the Toaster timeline? Please elaborate.

( Avi wrapping ? ) Out of the Toaster? Which encoder?

Right now I am encoding to a uncompressed RTV file ( the first choice) out with a seperate wave file. Then to TMPGEnc encoding to for a single MPEG-2 then to ENCORE to author DVD.

How can you encode with TMPGEnc directly from the VTedit?
Without rendering first?

Pete Draves
02-19-2004, 08:08 AM
With T3 you can save the project as an avi
Put the avi on a time line in encore
pick your transcode settings
ac3 for audio
one of the presets for multipass mpeg2 encode
works great
We do aprox 4 dvd per week to go to replication
dvd 9 and encripted

Pete