PDA

View Full Version : Bone groups

Revanto
02-18-2004, 12:40 AM
I would love to have a small pop-up window in Layout where you can select the bones in the hierarchy without having to find the bone in the scene. Also, it would be nice if you could select the hand in a similar popup window where you can pose the hand from front, side, and top views without having to refer to the bones in the scene windows.

In fact, having a popup window, with a cycling library of poses/motions would be great too. The bones and/or points that have been changed in the pose could be a different colour. It would be a simpler version of motion mixer. Maybe call it "pose snapshot" or something...

Too many ideas, not enough Newtek ears....

Revanto

allankiipli
02-18-2004, 04:16 AM
what do you mean by searching the bone in the scene?

The bones belong to objects.
Its a bit confusing, but it works: you select object and then you
press B or select bones tab: there you have them.

But about MotionMixer: I agree.
We need a possibility for poses: this is one frame animation.
Currently we must create 5 frames minimum.

Revanto
02-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Sigh....

OK, I hate have to scroll through a large bone list of 200 bones to select the one I want and sometimes when the scene is complex, I don't enjoy rotating and moving through my perspective window to select specific bones.

However, having a little window which shows the bone setup so you can just click and choose one or many bones easily. Schematic view needs some setting up (and crashes on me alot) so a clickable operation-like (the board game) window would be a huge time-saver.

Comprende?

Revanto

allankiipli
02-18-2004, 02:05 PM
The schematic tool might be improved ideed.
You might be able to turn on and off sort of grid in schematic
and snap to that.

Nemoid
02-24-2004, 12:23 PM
1) in scene editor yoiu can build preferred item selection sets wih the items you want

2) i know for sure there's a plug wich makes you able to browse through these sets just in a little window so that you are able to work easily with bones.
don't remember the name, though. maybe a search on FLAY will do the job!!

Dodgy
02-24-2004, 06:01 PM
http://thespread.ghostoutpost.com/

Look for select favouritesMC... Very useful script :)