PDA

View Full Version : bug, virus or my own stupid fault???

david_B
02-17-2004, 07:53 PM
First time post. Help would be muchly appreciated.

After saving a perfectly fine .lws (a frog on a lilypad), I reopen to find that any IK structure that has been animated has now been stretched, twisted and deformed to look like a screwed up coat hanger.

This has now happened to four completely separate scenes (with different characters and no real pattern to each deformation) and I am afraid to open any more.

The bones themselves remain in their correct pose, but the pieces of the mesh they deform are all over the shop.

I have looked through the previous posts and looked about for similar problems, but have been unable to find anything.

Any help wth this problem would be a lifesaver.

prospector
02-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Dunno if it would help but did ya try to 'save transformed objects and then scene?
It MIGHT have changed the weightmaps or correct settings to the weightmaps, from the original model. When you reload did you check them?

Just a thought.

But get a screengrab!!

We wanna see a 'screwed up coathanger' :D

david_B
02-17-2004, 10:00 PM
and now kids, I'm going to make a coat hanger out of a frog. Ooh.

The attachment illustrates what I mean. SIGH.

david_B
02-17-2004, 10:06 PM
This is roughly what he SHOULD look like.

prospector
02-17-2004, 10:11 PM
ROFLMAO

That looks piainful:D

Looks as tho your bones are getting thier settings messed up upon saving.

The second pic looks as tho the frog is looking like
" What the H*LL is going on"

Sorry for laughing...
I know you put newbie..first question and all..but that is funny.

I would start from the beginning and start getting each bone inactive 1 at a time and just move the key slider a bit to reset and see if you can track down the offending key or button.

Axis3d
02-18-2004, 06:11 PM
This is my guess:

If you had modeler open and were making changes to weightmaps on your model, Layout will automatically update and show you the changes in real time. But if you saved your scene without saving your model, then all of your bone and weightmap relations will be screwed up.

wingwalker
02-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi...

I think this is the same problem I had a little while back!

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14203&highlight=penguin

Have a look at the thread (only 6 posts) there was some advice in there that worked well.

Hope it helps

Rob T