PDA

View Full Version : Models

adrian
02-17-2004, 01:25 PM
This is an update of something I posted quite a while back. I've added the engine as well as a few other bits 'n bobs.

It's straight out of LW except for quite a bit of post-processing in Photoshop on the back wall (it was a horrible repeating texture).

Is the lighting alright? How can I improve it? And if it's not too broad a question, how can I improve the pic generally?

C&C most welcome - and you can be as scathing as you want.

Adrian.

adrian
02-17-2004, 01:28 PM
.... and here is a close-up of the engine (yes, it's supposed to look like a model & not the real thing hence no rust/scratches). I was trying for a moody lighting look. I know the cab window texture is awful, but it's the best I can get it with the skills I posess right now.

Any comments, as above, most gratefully received.

Adrian.

veljko
02-17-2004, 11:26 PM
looks cool!
the first pic is awesome, a bit too clean on the desk, but i can live with that.
:)

thums up!

cathuria
02-18-2004, 07:46 AM
The first pic is quite good -- the only thing that hits me right off is that the simple textures all need to be broken up a bit. The key is to be subtley imperfect -- add low-opacity layers of turbulence or fractal noise in on the color, diffuse and spec channels to break up the uniformity of the surface ever so slightly. Keep it subtle enough to be almost subliminal and it'll improve the impact of the scene without being obvious.

The second pic is a nice shot, but would likely look much cooler with a good area light for illumination.

Overall, 'though, real nice job :)

riki
02-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Excellent looks great. Is there such a thing as a Virgin Express :)

colkai
02-19-2004, 03:07 AM
Well,
The Virgin Express does exist, whether it can be called express is another matter ;)
In the UK, you can have Virgin Music, Virgin Trains, Virgin Cola ... :D