PDA

View Full Version : Lightwaves memory management...

ingo
02-17-2004, 08:46 AM
....if it has one. My situation is the following : I have to render a large resolution rendering sized 11500 x 6400 pixels with 2.300.000 polygones. So i made all the settings and wanted to render the scene, but get an error message "image creation failed...". With some help i found out that this cryptic message means Lightwave has not enough memory and i have to fiddle with segment memory and limited region to get this done.....manually (i'm still working on it). So why do i have a software when i have to do this manually.
So i switched to my old Electric Image, loaded the scene and type in the render size. No problem, EI calculates the rendering memory and renders only what it gets into memory. When finished it saved that part as a temp-file to the disc and renders the next part, automatically of course.
So why not Lightwave ? I hope the new developement team is able to work this bug out, any comments are welcome.

digimassa
02-17-2004, 12:54 PM
:cool:
Who is here the bug?

ingo
02-18-2004, 01:31 AM
:confused: So do you think its a feature ? So can i have a reworked memorymanagementfeature ?

Strange is that although there are 2 GB of RAM available Lightwave takes always not more than 1.750 MB.