PDA

View Full Version : symmetrie question

outkast
02-17-2004, 05:23 AM
hi everybody

i'm kind of new to lightwave and i for the first time finnished the half of a head spline-patch modeling

now the problem i got is that for the other half i just used the mirror tool and kind of plased the mirrored moddel against the original model to get the entire head....

now i'm having doubts that this is the way to do it...is there annother way to perfectly create the other half of the head and place it against the half i designed in modeler?

also lets say i have the entire head left side and right side as one...i want to start making the eyes by selecting the poly's and using the smooth-shift tool ...etc....i would like to only do it in one side of the head lets say the left side...i understand that if i activate symmetrie it automaticly is going to do the exact same thing i'm doing on the left on the right side of the head

what i did was just clicked symmetry on the bottom of modeler....only thin is it does not work it only creates one eye on the left and not on the other side of the head

i'm doing something wrong or i'm forgeting sommething but i just don't know what

could someone help me out here

thnks guys

gjjackson
02-17-2004, 06:06 AM
You'd do a mirror to copy exactly. But first you need to select All points on the very edge. You would then Set Value (Ctrl-V) and set the X-axis to 0. This will align all you points along the X-axis. Then simply mirror the whole object and voila, a complete head. You'll have to do this if you want to use Symmetry. Symmetry has to have the Exact same geometry on the left and right.

outkast
02-17-2004, 08:58 AM
thank you gjjackson,i appreciate your help.

i'll try it out soon as i get home

i'll let you know if it worked:D

cheers