Rory_L
03-13-2003, 03:38 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2842493.stm

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Sad.

R

CTRL+X
03-13-2003, 05:48 AM
'Bout damn time!!!,,, never understood why we called 'em french fries anyways.

Hervé
03-14-2003, 01:59 AM
Just as then you know.... "french fries" dont exit in France.... we never order French fires, but simply "some fries" which ones also dont exist.... Ha ha you want to know the real name for it...? "Pommes Pont-Neuf" is the real term....

Now about that story....

first of all, "boycott of goods" never worked in America, even for the "Dolphin free tuna" story..

The fact is that some people (everywhere) are very childish, and TV producers love them so much, Luckily , those peopel are a minority... ouf....

Just dont eat fries at all, this is a silent poison.... whether you call it Freedom or french. I suspect it is even worth than smoking....

I also watced a guy on TV pooring a good bottle of wine on the sidewalk, well too bad for him...

Cheers

Hiraghm
03-14-2003, 04:15 AM
That's actually old news over here, and not entirely accurate. It reveals the left-wing mindset, presuming that it was a Republican-only protest. In the next edition of the Newspeak dictionary, "Republican" becomes synonymous with "double-plus ungood non-communist".

A California wine dealer pouring out French wine (good or otherwise,) isn't really surprising... they make wine in California. And I never could figure out the point of doing that... if it's paid for, you're not hurting the French, I'm sure French wine-makers (viniers?) would be happy to sell them all the wine Californians want to pour out. But if it's not paid for, that's a crime.

Boycotts don't work in America because people here are constantly indoctrinated that bigotry is inherently evil, and only bad people do anything less than embrace other groups of people as brothers. (Individuals, on the other hand, you can hate all you like....) In the 1970s, Jimmy Carter's emasculated leadership ingrained in an entire generation that there's no quality other than price. To pay more for a product because it was made by your neighbor, even if it was higher quality, than a product made under inhuman conditions halfway around the world, became thoughtcrime. So now nobody here cares how well a product is made, or whether a countryman made it, or what kind of culture produced it (even slave labor.) Just save me the money. People even buy Chinese made U.S. flags, even in a State with a flag factory. Wal-mart sells 'em. Now that's patriotism! But let's boycott the French for trying to protect their interests :rolleyes: . Ah well. Symbolism is always easier than character.

Hervé
03-14-2003, 10:38 AM
you said all.... good points !

ted
03-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Personally I wish Bush would pull all the troops out, with the disclaimer, "we will not be back".

So the next time Kuwait, or any other country in the region is being attacked, including Iraq's own people being raped and tortured by their "LEADER", we will never again spend a dime to help them.

We've got our own issues to deal with here.
If the world’s politicians want to ignore the obvious abuse by Iraq over the last decade, and pretend Sadam is doing his best, and turn their back on us and our country, screw them and their ignorance. Politicians are a strange breed.

Keep our resources here in America. Worry about OUR borders, and LAUGH at everyone when they come crying for help in a few years.:p

CTRL+X
03-14-2003, 11:30 AM
Seems that may be happening, saw where USA is thinking about pulling military out of Europe and S Korea, saying that they were located there since ww2 and korean war,, but that now both areas can defend themselves,,,,thats is billions in revenue that will becoming back to the usa.

JReble
03-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Oh geesh! (http://cfyre.myip.org/rubyweapon/sounds/bonjour.wav)

If you're French don't click it. :)

Hervé
03-15-2003, 01:15 AM
just to tell you, I did not live in France for 10 years.... so trust me, where I am now , I really dont care about France, french people, Irakis and all that ****, I am not involved in the army, nor in petrol or weapons....

I just tought the fries story was funny, but that's it... I'm really not intersted about all those wars.... and terrorists, but I do understand it's the job of some people, so I let them do whatever they want to, this is not my business, oh I know people would like for me to be concerned about, I am just not.

BTW, I have not seen anything on TV (trashed mine a long long time ago), but I do have a radio....

Lets Lightwavin' (much much more interesting)

In clear, let's not talk about ALL those Politicians trash....

nikmills
03-15-2003, 04:42 AM
I just had a party where we drank only French wine. 100 + people. Man those frogs make good wine. I'm loaded.
To hell with boycotts. Boycott parochial Bush antics. Boycott Texas tea.

Red_Oddity
03-15-2003, 06:49 AM
It is frightning to see the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of childish politicians...Bush is more like a schoolbully than a real leader...
'Gimme a dime...or i'll beat the sh1t out of ya!'

From people who want to show the world what people should behave like this must be the lowest dumbest unintelligent behaviour you can probably bring forth (either that or let Bush speak in public himself...)

Sad to see a country being boycotted for following their democratic ideals and rights.

Ahwell, screw politics...and back to playing with LW, less depressing...i'll notice when the bombs start falling.

Epita
03-15-2003, 04:53 PM
BTW, if you want, arrange enough money and a 'hit' on Bush is yours, gaurented or your money back.

Epita

Alec Trevelyan
03-15-2003, 11:12 PM
of all the stupid childish lowdown....damn bush

screw beating around the bush, I say we beat ON the bush!! :D

ted
03-16-2003, 12:31 AM
At least he is trying to do something to deal with this animal.

If it were a Democrat in office, all the women’s groups and human rights groups would be cheering him on for stopping the rapes, murders and abuse Sadam is directly responsible for, even among his own countrymen. Where are these people
now???????????????????

This clearly demonstrates, that for some people, politics are far more important then the so called issues they claim to stand behind so strongly, (depending on who's in office.:confused:

At least we know where Bush Stands and I can respect him, whether or not I agree with him.

Point.

CTRL+X
03-16-2003, 01:16 AM
Hey Ted!! finally good to see someone who sees the wackness beween Rep and Dems,, I never understood them fanatical groups that support the Dems , but they sure are comming out of this woodwork now-a-days and attaching all thier agendas to this Bush / Iraq fiasco.

be nice when the boys come home and we can get back to business.

Hiraghm
03-16-2003, 11:58 AM
I caught a little of the anti-America ANSWER rally yesterday. The rhetoric was straight out of the communist revolutionary handbook. The problem is, too few people are willing to examine their absurd assertions thoughtfully. Such as the absurd notion that Bush is a bully because he favors ousting a sadistic, murdering dictator.

It's the C-word. Hussein's Baath party is communist. Those organizing the rallies are communist. The left-wing extremists in hollyweird shoot off their mouths and then fear a "blacklist" as did their communist forebears. And the weave holding them all together is communist ideology. If you listen to the hate-filled rhetoric at these rallies, that's all you hear. Most of it makes no sense, but they've been dumbing-down the populace for 40 years so that they will accept the absurd assertions these people make.

For the left, it's not about ousting Hussein or oil; it's about defeating liberty and replacing it with global communism. No matter what they want to call it, the rhetoric is the same communist nonsense we've heard before. We're finally discovering the rotted roots of "political correctness" and "moral relativity", and the other left-wing nonsense that our kids have been indoctrinated with for the past 40 years.

ted
03-16-2003, 03:59 PM
CTRL+X and Hiraghm, it's nice to see that some of us realize that for most of these protesters, it's more about a Republican President, then saving the Murdering, rapist, oppressive Sadam. Why else would they ignore Sadam's human rights record?

I'll buy you guys a drink if I see you at Toast 03!

Hervé
03-17-2003, 01:40 AM
I just thought this was stupid to attack me, because in case you did not noticed, my name is not Jacques Chirac, and like you guys over there, I cannot do anything to go against....

....oh , and if I go on the street to say something or protest, then I will play the game terrorsits are waiting for....

Bush was not attacked directly by Sept11, but american people was attacked by terrorists to push (this is their goal) the american people to get rid of wahatever politicians they dont like....

Let's not be politicians (dont believe them when they say you are very concerned about what they are doing, coz they make you believe that, when in fact they'll do what they want anyway....) and I am sure Bush will make war in Iraq, with or without UNO, and if you or me want it or not...

I am just a poor Lightwaver without importance, trying to die not to soon, not too late..! one thing I am not is a ...........

Have all a nice day in your respective countries... Peace, yes please peace EVERYWHERE, kapish ......;)

Rory_L
03-17-2003, 03:54 AM
Sorry I started this all up again.

R

Matt
03-17-2003, 06:03 AM
excuse my french (why do people say that when they're about to
swear?)

bush is another word for c*nt!

:D

I feel sorry for our poor old Tony, he's a good chap at heart
he pledged support for the anti-terroism campaign, which was
a good idea, and now look where it's got him!

Red_Oddity
03-17-2003, 09:54 AM
Just was thinking why this all sounded so dumb and crooked to me...

Where the hell is Bush when it comes to Africa?
I guess they have more sadistic tirants per square bloody mile than anywhere in the world...but for some reason you don't see the US gov. send it's entire army there...
Can anyone guess why? Me is just dumb little 3D dude with no social life or will of it's own...:confused:

Hervé
03-17-2003, 10:47 AM
what about North Korea, they claimed they have the nuclear weapon, but US said "Na, it's no big deal...?!?!!"

Lets go back to computer social salon...

Hiraghm
03-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Yes, let's look at Africa...

Africa was productive and growing under colonial rule. Then the Europeans backed out, and turned control over to the "natives". Now there are despots everywhere, poverty and atrocities are common. And what is the U. N. doing about it? What is Europe doing about it? Why should Africa be on the U.S.'s shoulders, when we didn't make that mess?

We did contribute in a large way in the mess in the middle east, both by action and inaction. Now we're cleaning it up. We don't have ships and planes deployed (at U.S. taxpayer expense) to patrol the skies over Africa. I've yet to hear any evidence of any African nation since S. Africa attempting to acquire or use weapons of mass destruction, or threatening the U.S.

As for N. Korea, why is the world suggesting the U.S. needs to deal with them? Where's the rest of the world? We are dealing with N. Korea by ignoring their tantrums, which is what is pissing them off. They may have a million man army, but they can't feed or supply it for a conflict. If they attack S. Korea, it will be disasterous for them, and a spanking S. Korea deserves for badmouthing the U.S. But where's China? They're a nuclear power right next door to N. Korea. Why aren't *they* spanking N. Korea, since they too are a member of the U.N., they too signed the non-proliferation treaties?

N. Korea is very very simple to deal with militarily, much easier than Iraq. With Iraq, you do have the concern that the entire middle east will erupt, rather than taking them out one at a time. N. Korea is isolated. The way to deal with them is simple to bomb that reactor. N. Korea may, in a few months, have 1 nuke, and a missle to deliver it with. The U.S. has 6,000 or better, ready to go. Which would you rather appease?

So *WHAT* if it's about oil? Have you eaten lately? You can't eat without oil. It takes oil to grow food. It takes oil to move food from where it's produced to where its consumed. It takes oil to provide electricity to use Lightwave to earn the money to buy the food that is growable thanks to oil. Oil is very very very important. So if it *is* about oil... that's more justification than removing or disarming Hussein. Anyone who is soooo concerned about the U.S. starting a war in the middle east to acquire control of oil, should shout down every ecophreak they encounter that dares to protest the opening of ANWAR or offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

Regardless of our reasons for attacking Iraq... why NOT? Hussein is a brutal, sadistic dictator who rules through terror and violently oppresses (and murders) his own people. Yes, I'm sure there will be some collateral damage wherein some Iraqi civilians will be killed. Many more will lead long, productive *free* lives, however. If they were to rise up on their own and toss this thug out, many more of them would die. So they have a choice. They can die freeing themselves, or they can die while we free them. If they don't want to be free of him, then they're on his side, and tough snot if they get dead.
Why is it preferable to have the world's largest oil reserves in the hands of Hussein, than to the hands of a free Iraq? Why is it preferable to have it in the hands of Hussein rather than the hands of the U.S.?

BTW, Matt, that was a very rational and well-thought-out argument, that the U.S. should be opposed because our President has a name that can be made into a vulgar pun.
But it's not a synonym, it's a euphemism.

I repeat, the protest isn't over Hussein being fought and ousted, but an expression of hatred for the U.S. and (traditional) American values. The values of individual liberty are in direct conflict with communist ideology and the politics of envy.

CTRL+X
03-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Gosh I hate it when people make sense ...(for a change)

Ditto to what Hiraghm said

ted
03-17-2003, 10:09 PM
Matt said the "C" word.:eek:

Hervé
03-18-2003, 12:32 AM
you said " Why is it preferable to have the world's largest oil reserves in the hands of Hussein, than to the hands of a free Iraq? Why is it preferable to have it in the hands of Hussein rather than the hands of the U.S.?"

Translating..... the hands of US = the hands of Bush's family and relatives, and a little bit for Tony

he he

Let's go to Lava Lounge and let's have a drink, damnit....

Norman
03-18-2003, 07:35 AM
What is a communist dictator?

mattclary
03-18-2003, 09:31 AM
Ted and Hiraghm, big thumbs up!

I read this article a while back and it seems very apt. At first it might seem silly, or have a silly title, but it speaks mountains of truth, read it to the end.

http://washingtontimes.com/commentary/commentary-200292515436.htm

Epita
03-18-2003, 02:22 PM
A communist dictator is someone like Stalin (man of steel) who uses communism as a way to rule. Idealy communism is not a dictatorship, but it normally ends up as one. And it does work lokk at Vietnam. The currency is stable, the goverment is OK, and there are no uprisings. (ive been there)

Epita

mattclary
03-18-2003, 02:49 PM
The problem with communism is it fails to take into account one very important part of human nature. For lack of a better word, I'll call it "greed". It's not really greed, but people want stuff, and they usually want more stuff than their neigbor. The people in power have the power to take stuff, so they do. Also, if you share the fruit of your labor, why bust your ***? You're not going to get a single square of 60 grain toilet paper more than your slacker neighbor for all your effort. With no motivation to work hard, the economy shrivels like a juiced up russian weight-lifters testicles.

edit:
I would postulate that communism works better in the far east because the people there have subservience to rulers ingrained in their culture. No uprisisngs is hardly a measure of "success" in my opinion. Tiananmen Square was a good example of why you don't see many uprisings.

Rory_L
03-18-2003, 08:10 PM
The countries of the Far East are not one land and one culture, as some people in the West so often think. They are separate nations, with widely varying cultures and values.

The China of the past is not modern Vietnam. Such a comparison is a sweeping statement and sheds no light.

R

mattclary
03-19-2003, 06:41 AM
That's like saying the countries of Western Europe bear no similarities. I meant no insult in my statement. Be it Vietnam or China, the regimes do not treat insurrection lightly.

Hiraghm
03-19-2003, 12:15 PM
What China of the past? Currently China is under the yoke of communist tyrrany. That faithless Americans prop up their state-run economy doesn't change the nature of the system.

The differences between East and West are distinct. In these terms, western Europe could be lumped with N. America, just as S.E. Asia can be lumped with Asia as a whole. The history and policies of the two regions demonstrate the primary difference in the way they view the relationship of the individual to the society. The west has generally valued individualism, unlike the east.

CTRL+X
03-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Currently China is under the yoke of communist tyrrany

Actually just a few weeks back they voted to start economic reforms across the entire nation, similar to what was seen in the USSR back in the 80's,, difference is a lesson learned,, they are going to harness the reforms tighter than the USSR did to prevent black markets... China has seen the light and is comming along nicely... 10 to 20 more years and it will be "the place to go to" for vaction and economic ventures

Hiraghm
03-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Harness the reforms tighter to prevent free enterprise, and the loss of control of the Party.

Rory_L
03-20-2003, 09:46 PM
mattclary, if you had wished not to be insulting you should not have couched your message in insulting language. In place of the deeply negative `subservience` you might have put `respect and obedience` but you made your choice and that was to colour your words black.

The nations of the Far East vary as wildly in culture as do those of Europe. One would understand the complex politics of the world better if one did not `lump` regions together.

R

CTRL+X
03-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Harness the reforms tighter to prevent free enterprise, and the loss of control of the Party

Ahhhhhh you know the free market I can tell,,, but you must also know, with a free market, once you've let in a drip of capitalism,, the damn just breaks with out control,,,,,

Good luck to those in China, buy and sell and be prosper