PDA

View Full Version : Boston Area User's Group (2nd meeting)

Riplakish
02-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Well, our first meeting back in January went pretty well. We had 4 attendees who are quite interested in sharing Tips and Tricks. While no one was an "expert", we did have people with experience in different areas that are willing to share.

At our first meeting, we discussed some animation and modeling work that had been done, and spent some time talking about interests and areas we were hoping to cover. We also discussed what we wanted out of a Users Group. One thing everyone agreed to was that we wanted to keep the meetings Lightwave-centric. Several of the people commented that other UGs they attended tended to break down to discussing things that had nothing to do with LW (new movie of the week, presidential debates, etc.). We've agreed that if you can't tie it in to using Lightwave, you talked about it before or after the meeting.

One thing I expressly did not do at the meeting was discuss the next meeting time. I wanted everyone to have a chance to kick back and think about whether this is something they wanted to do, and more importantly, contribute to, without the need to feel pressured. Well, everyone has contacted me asking when the next meeting is, so I guess things went well.

Currently, we're trying to schedule the next meeting. I've purposed February 29th to the people who attended the original meeting, and I'm waiting to hear back that its a good date. I expect to cover the following in the February meeting:

Regularly Scheduled Meetings
Web Site?
Using the Hub
Expressions as an animation aid

Obviously, there may be more. Depends on who comes, and what they want to talk about. If the initial meeting is an indication, showing one thing leads to questions, that gets you all over the map, and the time flies.

So, if anyone whos been sitting on the fence is interested, drop me a line, and I'll add you to my mailing list. The group is open to anyone with an interest.

Spook
02-17-2004, 08:00 PM
I'd love to come, but it may be quite a trip depending on exactly where you're having it. You mention probably Framingham in your last post, but I was wondering if it is any more definate.

Drop me a line in this thread or [email protected] whatever the answer.

Riplakish
02-18-2004, 06:06 PM
I've forwarded the most recent email I sent out to you. It should have a goodly amount of the data and plans.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line via email. I read it a lot more frequently that I'm on the boards.
-B