PDA

View Full Version : Matrox DV/DVCAM drivers

GoceN
03-13-2003, 02:12 AM
I read somwhere that the Matrox drivers are not recomended to install on the VT system, can anobody tell me why because I use to have Matrox Digisuite and all of my projects are on Matrox DV/DVCAM or Matrox MPEG2, and if I install on my VT system does will give me a heading.

Paul Lara
03-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by GoceN
can anybody tell me why [not to install Matrox codecs] because I use to have Matrox Digisuite and all of my projects are on Matrox DV/DVCAM or Matrox MPEG2, and if I install on my VT system does will give me a heading.

The Matrox DV codecs perform a modification to the default behavior of DirectShow that causes VideoToaster to function incorrectly. The source of this problem is based in the fact that the Matrox codecs replace the default asynchronous file reading filter with a custom filter that is used when single stream AVI files are used. The Matrox filter appears to have a bug that can cause it to lock up when seeks are performed in certain circumstances (which occur with the VideoToaster file readers.)

Matrox DV codecs allow applications that are unable to use the Microsoft DirectShow DV support to be able to read DV files. In other words, Matrox is providing legacy Video-for-windows support for DV provided by a number of different codecs. Since the VideoToaster uses the new “DirectShow” technology that supersedes Video for Windows, it does not require the Matrox codecs to play back. The Matrox DV codecs are not required to use the VideoToaster; T[2] will load files written by the Matrox DV solutions without the codecs installed.