PDA

View Full Version : Afterimage Plugin

scottn
02-16-2004, 12:38 AM
A while ago I downloaded a free plugin called Shift After Image filter. The plugin worked very well at giving luminous surfaces a streaky after image like you see in long expose photography (like with light painting or car tail lights).

I used to run Lightwave 7 on Windows 98 and now I have upgraded to XP. I have just reloaded the plugin and I can't get it to work. This could be due to the fact that I cant remember exactly how to apply the plug in. I'm pretty sure it used to be a pixel filter and you just applied it in the image processing tab. I cant remember what else you had to do.

If anyone knows the plugin or how to use it properly or problems it has with XP please let me know. I would also like to find the original link so I can get some documentation on the thing.

Any help would be welcome, thanks.

Mylenium
02-16-2004, 01:26 AM
It requires a special surface buffer to work properly. The website is at http://www.shift.gr.jp/html/staff/plugin.html .

Mylenium

scottn
02-17-2004, 03:57 AM
I found te problem!

You need to render using F10 and you can't just render an individual frame - the info from the previous frame is used in the calculation.

What a cool plugin! I highly recommend checking it out - go to www.flay.com and click on plugins and then do a search for "shift" and the plugin comes up with a whole bunch of other plugins that Shift make. Or just go straight to Shift as Mylenium pointed out.