PDA

View Full Version : My Shoes

artstorm
02-15-2004, 08:13 PM
I wanted some fun this weekend, so I modeled my favorite shoes. Well, the weekend is over, I need to get some sleep so I can work tomorrow, so I decided that I'll leave this as it is now and consider it finished.

Everything done in Lightwave, except textures that I painted in Photoshop. And the background is just a photo of my hallway in my apartment I took earlier tonight and composited the shoes against.

http://www.artstorm.net/temp/forum/dr_martens.jpg

Let me know what you think.

artstorm
02-15-2004, 08:17 PM
oh, and I've a few wip pics that I posted my wip thread the other day. Nothing fancy but check em out if you feel like it.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=136119

Cageman
02-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Wow!

Good work! :)

Rich
02-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Very photorealistic! Great job. I especially like the leather look you have achieved. My only critique is on the laces. Usually on the ends they have a hard surface to keep the shoelace material from fraying and coming apart. Plus it makes them easier to put through the holes but yours are thin enough that probably wouldn't be a problem. I'm just being picky.;)

Hervé
02-16-2004, 11:11 PM
wooooowww, those are Shoes..... open the laces, nobody is in it.... for the front shoe, are U sure it's that massive, well , very nice leather texture....!

veljko
02-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Great shoes!
cool composition, and my personal favourite are the laces:)
How did you tie'em up?

thums up!

Hervé
02-17-2004, 12:46 AM
Rail extrude... no?

artstorm
02-17-2004, 03:16 AM
Hey, Thanks for all your comments. Mucho appreciated! :)

Have the laces untied when noones in them? Never heard of that technique.. :D I personally am so lazy I just use a shoe horn so I don't have to untie my shoes.

I actually probably should have made the laces with railextrude, but I did them by hand. just a 6 sided, 6 segmented tube, that I uv mapped and then bended in to fit correctly between 2 laceholes, and cloned and adjusted for each hole, and then welded them together. And for the final knot I welded togheter three of the tubes for each side and started rotating points. Probably sounds more tedious than it was.

And Cageman, hi! :)