PDA

View Full Version : Tally Lights

bbeanan
02-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Since I have received a few emails over the past few months, I wanted to post where I am with my tally light solution...

At this point I have stopped development on the solution due lack of interested buyers. If I were to see 50 seperate people post here saying they would pay $300 for a professional solution then I will start up again. But in order for me to reach that price point I need to secure 50 buyers (the parts start getting cheaper at that point). Granted if I get more than 50 the price would just come down.

So if there is any interest POST now

PIZAZZ
02-15-2004, 03:18 PM
I sure would like to see a fellow 3rd party developer be able to successfully sell a product. I for one stopped development on a Tally solution also for lack of interest and one other thing. Out of courtesy I bowed out of the limited market so Brett could make something of it. There are only so many VT live switching systems out there. Then there are only so many that could actually have cameras that could use a tally setup.

Dealers: If you have a client that is not using a Tally system and could, then use this to upsell them or after the fact add it on.

Users: If no one supports the 3rd party developers then the VT world will never develop into a larger world itself.

Both as a user and a dealer I would like to see more and more people not buying into all the marketing hype. I would like to see more people nod and say, " VT3, yeah I heard of that, wish I had one."

Keep the faith Brett. Let me know if I can help you.

PIZAZZ
02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Oh Yeah, Put me down for 3 units.

bbeanan
02-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Thanks Jef...

As I'm sure you know all too well it just does not make sense to build an item like this unless you can sell around 50 units.

I'll see you at NAB

tarkken
02-15-2004, 06:50 PM
I'll buy one. Please advise if you can make some available.

Best regards,

Shawn
[email protected]

timwiedrich
02-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Count me in for one.

Tim Wiedrich,
North Dakota Department of Health
[email protected]

miracom
02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
I'll take one too.

Richard

cybis
02-18-2004, 02:07 AM
I'm certainly interested. Being not real familiar with what it takes to implement the tally lights, my only question is whether Newtek will improve on the interface in VT4? Perhaps it's as good as possible for a universal system, but just a thought.

Jeff

bbeanan
02-18-2004, 07:27 AM
The tally output on the SX-8 is really set in the hardware so it is unlikely that Newtek would be able to change it, short of everyone buying a new SX-8 which would need a power supply.

Andersson
02-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Good to hear there is interest in tally lights. I will buy at least 2 when available.
Keep it up!

Carl Andersson
[email protected]

ghost60
02-26-2004, 12:54 PM
put me down for one

Kevin_P
06-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi, we're definitely interested in 3 units.

Thanks,
Kevin Petajan

bbeanan
06-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Ok well this is shapping up to be a very good month so I will put together another run. This run will be of my new design which is smaller and will come fully assembled in a plastic case ready to use when you get it.

The output will be either 12v dc or contact closure selectable for each output by chaning a jumper.

Cost will be $500 (as of this post, but once I start ordering the parts the price may go up or down but it will be close to this number)

I will ONLY be ordering parts for unit that I know I will sell so if you want one email me at:
[email protected]
Once I place the order I will not be able to add to it so speak now!!

PIZAZZ
06-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Now that is good news on a mundane Monday....

PIZAZZ
06-07-2004, 03:52 PM
whoops, too fast on the enter key

ktas
06-09-2004, 01:09 PM
TALLY LIGHTS!!! That would be the answer to our prayers... what would it consisit of? We really need tally lights for our cameras when switching. Put us down!

bbeanan
06-26-2004, 08:48 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know, finally my Accounts receivables have caught up a bit so yesterday I ordered 50 PCBs for my new tally system. It takes 10 business days for them to be made so I am expecting them on or around July 15th (2 days for shipping).

Once I get the boards in I have to then solder all the parts on (250 solder points per board X 50 =12,500 points). Once I have the first board done I will send it out to have the case built for it which takes between 2 - 4 weeks. Then I will have 40 for sale (10 are already spoken for)

So that is the status, the 40 will go to the people who have already emailed me based on the order that I received your email. So if you have not emailed my yet you better soon because when the 40 are gone they are gone.

brett_at_n2itive.com

John Huffman
07-04-2004, 10:06 PM
I just wanted to let anyone "sitting on the fence" know that we purchased the tally light 'unassembled kit' from Brett about a year ago and it works great!

We put it in a 1 RU chassis with LEDs on the front and it looks great too!

We recommend!

John:)

bbeanan
07-04-2004, 11:53 PM
I glad to hear it worked out so well...

My new design will be smaller and come completely assembled in a case ready to to a show. (I hated selling the kits as you never know if the people buying them have the propper know how to assemble them)

Anyway I am expecting the new PCBs in on July 15th so it will not be long and I expect the 50 to go FAST

Pena3d
09-02-2004, 06:49 PM
I would be intrested in your Tally light solution too. Please email me at
[email protected]

Jim_C
09-02-2004, 06:51 PM
http://www.vtknowledge.com/index.php?action=item&id=79&prevaction=item&previd=79

tally lights

Kevin_P
09-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Any word on your tally light solution, Brett?
Thanks,
Kevin Petajan

bbeanan
09-03-2004, 09:52 AM
I got 50 boards made up but Jim C beat me to get a working product so I am letting him take the tally solution as there really isn't enough people looking for a solution to merit more than one person building a solution. Not to mention I really do not have the time, which is why I did not have something already done.

...and I think the tally problem may be solved soon by Newtek anyway.

stranirumori
03-20-2012, 06:21 PM
yesssss.... You understand well!!
I-ll post some photos tomorrow!
We work with Atem Camea Converter with a 4 fiber Cable,
2 for Atem, 1 free, and one for the tally light!
You can light on your tally light from your Tricaster.... 600 mt tested!!
See you tomorrow!!:thumbsup:

tedkazm
03-21-2012, 07:42 AM
If your interested in wireless tally lights - visit

http://www.tally-lights.com/Wireless_Tally_Adapter.html

1000ft wireless range

tedkazm

stranirumori
03-22-2012, 05:19 AM
Work in progress....:thumbsup:

PIZAZZ
03-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Work in progress....:thumbsup:

Nice idea. So are you just connecting the actual light coming down the fiber into the LED cover on the end? I gotta say sometimes the simpliest ideas are the best. I have been racking my brain and working on a solution for doing tally with ATEMs and Tac cable but I never thought of something so obvious. BTW Where are you in Italy?

stranirumori
03-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Yes...Just Light...No complex encoding decoding peripherals!!
We are setting up for a small production. Low price.
My friend is an engineer that lost the work, so he want to try a different way to survive
:thumbsup:
I live in Italy, but i travel all around the world with Andrea Bocelli, the Italian Opera singer.
Thanks for your compliments!!

PIZAZZ
03-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Yes...Just Light...No complex encoding decoding peripherals!!
We are setting up for a small production. Low price.
My friend is an engineer that lost the work, so he want to try a different way to survive
:thumbsup:
I live in Italy, but i travel all around the world with Andrea Bocelli, the Italian Opera singer.
Thanks for your compliments!!

Thanks for the pics. That is outstanding. Tell your engineer friend, "Great Job!" or "Prego, Prego" I believe that is right. :) I spent a week in your fine country last year around this time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't wait to get back.

I have always wanted to see Bocelli live. When are you going to be back in the U.S.? You are a lucky guy to be working with such a talented person.

jcupp
03-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Those lights look vaguely familiar.

stranirumori
04-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Ohh yesss...Just the box!!!
I buy form you...remember???

stijef
10-11-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm one from those who is looking for tally system…

So far we have been used Metasetz tally system (http://www.metasetz.com/tally-lights/tally-lights-and-tally-controller-for-the-tricaster/) with TC455, but it doesn't fits our needs anymore because we are moving to optic fiber.

So basically I'm looking for the solution that will allow us to keep both audio tone and light signal coming to cameramen over, not Ethernet cable anymore, but now over one or two fibers in a optic cable?

Seems stranirumori’s solution is closest to what I need but not sure does it carry audio tone (operator's voice) also?
Would appreciate if you could point me to some system working with NewTek’s machines, working over fiber cables and carrying both audio and light to the camera. Thank you in advance for your reply and any help.

I 'm wondering with this move, can these devices be used still, I mean with fiber and new setup?

stijef
10-13-2013, 01:52 AM
none knows for standalone (cheap) solution carrying audio tone plus tally light over fiber?

n9103h
05-06-2014, 04:07 PM
What is the production status? I was thinking of just make a system for my vt5 so I came to the forum to see if there was an existing solution. I was going to make an LED system separate of the cameras in use. Not wanting to have to get a frequency license I was going to make a light weight wired system. Is there something that exists? I know this is an old subject and thread.
thanks

George

jcupp
05-06-2014, 06:53 PM
metaSETZ tally controllers are still available for the VT. We have VT software for the TLC-4S, 8S and 6S controllers. These use Ethernet style cable.

Give Digital Arts a call at 800-692-6442