PDA

View Full Version : courseware problem

LFGabel
02-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Is anyone having difficulty with the preview tutorial in the courseware that comes with DFX+?

The problem I am having is, after copying the DVD to my HD, I loaded the flow I was working on, checked all the paths to the clips needed to point to my hard drive and saved a new flow.

Now when I preview the flow, it always stops, telling me it can't find the clips it needs, and reverts the path to the one before I saved it (O:/ - the path that the original DVD ffile used).

How is it possible to change the paths to the clips permanently? I resave, shut down DFX+. When I reload, all the paths are correct and I can scrub. I start to preview, and it craps out, looking for stuff on O: drive...

Thanks...

John Fornasar
02-20-2004, 07:31 PM
LF,

I don't know how you moved the files from the DVD, but on the CD (the only courseware files I moved so far) I had to change them from ReadOnlys... it might be worth looking at.

John

LFGabel
02-20-2004, 08:29 PM
I think you're right, John. Thanks!

John Fornasar
02-20-2004, 08:38 PM
glad it worked out...

just received my package 2 days ago, started working through the courseware. It looks like it will be great.

I was using After Effects 3.1 up to now (really).

I'm still getting used to the interface, only had about an hour or so on it.

LFGabel
02-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Hey John,

I'm in the same boat! Right down to dropping AE 3.1. I am finding DFX+ quite easy to learn. The courseware so far has made my learning curve pretty smooth.

John Fornasar
02-20-2004, 09:16 PM
I just worked through the "hotspots", and yes, finding the tuts well done.

I'm still a little shaky with the "Loaders", I lose the clip names once in a while, but they did explain at one point that they'll change color to red when the current frame is not in the loaders in/out region.
I thought I was doing something wrong, but the top screenshot on page 57 shows the same thing in the timeline...
a whole load of "no clips"...

It'll probably make more sense (and be easier to work with) when I start compositing with alpha's - the frames not involved will all have the "no clip" and I'll start ignoring them.

Hey, best thing so far - don't have that AE 3.1 "what kind of Alpha are you using" (with the "Guess" button) popping up when I load PS sequences.