PDA

View Full Version : Coke tan

ocr!
02-14-2004, 05:34 AM
Hello

this is my first post here. I'm a newbie on LW have only hade it 3 days :). And the only thing i can do is crystal. But one of my friends told me that I should start to do a can or tin, dont know the name of it. You know a aluminium thing with coke in :O can any1 explain for me how to do?...

sry for my bad english

/ocr

wingwalker
02-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Hi

Ok a coke can is quite easy to do!

In modeler, go to the left view and use the "spline draw" or "Bezier" tools (which ever you prefer) and draw out the profile of the can.

If you are going to make it photo real then i would advise taking some measurements of a real can (available at you local store!!)

Make sure that uour first and last points are on the centre of the axis.

Then go to the multiply menu and choose the "lathe" tool. press "n" to get to the numeric input menu and choose the axis you want to lathe on.

If you have put your points on the centre axis, it should lathe perfectly, if not do an undo and put them there.

The normals may need flipping (have a look in perspective and use the textured view), if they do just press "f"

That should give you the starting point for the can.

If you want to take it further with the texturing than i would read this tutorial. cant find it....:confused: will post it as soon as i find it

Rob T

ocr!
02-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Okie, thx alot RobT!

Just 1 more question:

I can't find the "spline draw" or "beizer" tools. Can any1 send me a screen or something to show me?...

/ocr

wingwalker
02-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Their on the create menu...right at the bottom in the elements panel

Capt Lightwave
02-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Manual:

Spline Draw Tool: 22.23
Bezier Tool: 22.22

riki
02-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Just bevel out a disk. Check page three of my tuts http://www.suture.net/tutorials/modeling/page03.shtml

There's also a downloadable model with each step on a seperate layer.

I used the same method on this spraypak and it only took a few minutes to throw together.

ocr!
02-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Hmmm, cant find it, is it because i have lightwave 7.0 and can i upgrade to 7.5?
/ocr