PDA

View Full Version : Request for Entrance Exams for Forum

DigiLusionist
03-12-2003, 06:15 PM
I'd like to think that all of the members of this forum are bright, articulate (even if English is a foreign language), professional artists.

Lately, however, I'm scratching my head wondering who let the monkeys out of their cages. There seem to be an awful lot of banana biters around here who are throwing their poo all over the place to get some attention.

This wouldn't be too bad if they made at least a modicum of sense every once in a while.

I'm almost kiddingly proposing that some form of IQ test or entrance exam be implemented by the moderators and passed by prospective members before they are allowed to post.

I'm tempted to erase this post and keep biting my tongue, but what the hey. If I'm the only one who feels this way, then I'm sure you all will let me know in short order...

Rory_L
03-12-2003, 08:52 PM
No don`t erase the thread! You`re on the right lines, but you don`t go far enough. We should all get wired up to the national grid: anyone misbehaves, the moderators flip the switch and the offending member gets video toasted! :D

R

DigiLusionist
03-12-2003, 09:16 PM
**eyes narrowing as I rub my chin**

Yes, yes, I do believe you're on to something....

muhuhuhaha!

Matt
03-12-2003, 09:27 PM
I've noticed this too Digi'.

The old forum seemed more friendly, this one does indeed seem
to have a few spoliers who are intent on contributing nothing
more than senseless drivel!

Here's hoping they read this so I can laugh at their witless comebacks!

Bring it on!

:D

Hiraghm
03-12-2003, 11:01 PM
The problem with an IQ test, Digi, is... what do you do if you flunk it? :D

I can't provide Matt with a comback, as I am only capable of witty ones, which it appears he wouldn't be able to understand...
;)

Just teasing the both of you.

Lighten up... I've only seen true drivel posted in the Iraqi debate thread, which mysteriously disappeared after I contributed 4 posts totalling around 18k words.... :p

Yes, the nature of posts have changed a bit since the forum change. Possibly because of the influx of contributors from that other forum, but also because the layout has changed a bit. I don't think it's all for the worse, however.

DigiLusionist
03-12-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to worry about that. Unless it was a Mensa Advanced Placement test.

hrgiger
03-13-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by DigiLusionist

Lately, however, I'm scratching my head wondering who let the monkeys out of their cages. There seem to be an awful lot of banana biters around here who are throwing their poo all over the place to get some attention.

This wouldn't be too bad if they made at least a modicum of sense every once in a while.

You said it Digi.

Epita
03-13-2003, 04:12 AM
Well, i think a base line limit on posts per day, if it drops too low, Blam no more foruming, and making sure ppl acctually post within a month of joining. Or just prove that you own a copy of LW (legal or not) and that you know how to make a box or something so that you are worthy of are Godlyness. (spelling isnt my Forte) Afterall i know some really dumb ppl who can use LW really well and some really clever people who dont have a clue from a polygon to an n-gon!

And i didnt vote because im not in one of those catorgories, wheres med range advanced user who knows how to use LW, but is not yet a Pro, thats me!

Rock on with corpral punishment!!!

Epita

CTRL+X
03-13-2003, 06:00 AM
There are elitist LW boards, and it is nice to be able to go there and not see all the noob drivel.

Lamont
03-13-2003, 11:23 AM
If someone flunks they should be able to take the test again. ^_^!!

Forums will always invite "monkeys" because it's the only place where they could get away with the things they say without having their teeth knocked out. These types of forums (vBulletin) are more inviting to n0oBs (sorry, had to do that..), they will be here as long as the Atari Jaguar.

As for us (Us being those who are here to help and learn), these types of people should have no impact on us.

Vile humans! I shall rule you all with an iron fist! You! Obey the fist!

DigiLusionist
03-13-2003, 11:44 AM
I don't have anything against newbies. We were all newbies once. In fact, it's cool when we get new members who want to learn LW.

It's the banana-biters whose only contribution to threads is to smear their poop on ideas that rub me the wrong way.

You're right, Lamont, the influx of some of most of these guys happened after we switched boards. I wonder why that is.

mattclary
03-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Because the old boards didn't track your post count, so they had no way to self-validate.

hrgiger
03-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Well, we certainly wouldn't want to offend your delicate sensibilities now Digi.

It depends on what you're talking about. If you're talking about ideas about Lightwave and people spreading their proberbial "poop", well that's one thing and I agree with you.

hrgiger
03-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Oops, accidentially posted that one too soon. Finishing what I was about to say:

But if you're talking about threads like the pointless war on Iraq thread, or any non-LW specific thread, you can't expect people to not get opinionated and disagree with your ideas and to get rude about it on top of that.

Since you're post was sort of vague to begin with, I can't tell if that's even what you're talking about. If not, then go right ahead and disregard the above statements.

mattclary
03-13-2003, 01:58 PM
It wasn't just the war thread to me, there have seemed a lot more idiotic posts on this board. Probably because it's new. Have a feeling once the dust settles, it will be better. I've allready noticed some of the more annoying ones have gone away or are here less.

DigiLusionist
03-13-2003, 11:26 PM
**reaching for a banana**