PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels Help

SamuraiSlayer
02-12-2004, 03:24 PM
i have this futuristic spaceship craft thingy flobber...

it has these turbine things on the sides, and i want a jet flame thing to come out. here are my problems:

1. it wants to go through objects... i kno this is normal, but can u set up an object so it will work as a collision object?

2. i want the flame thing to be like the flame on a blow torch, i dont want it to look like the picture attached below...

3. i dont want it to go through the ground. i want it to hit the ground, and bounce off/spread. a collision object would work but the collision objects are round and that would take a lot of collision objects to make it almost flat

4. i want the inside of the flame to be dense, and the outside to be less dense

can anyone help??

here's the picture

SamuraiSlayer
02-13-2004, 07:24 PM
ok i figured out that you can change the collision objects from balls to boxes but the particles want to go through the spaces as much as they can. it would probably take about 20 collision objects to make it just right but i dont feel like setting all that up. any ideas?

:)

WCameron
02-13-2004, 07:54 PM
you can set objects up as collision objects by going into the
individual objects properties, and adding FX_Collision to its
Geometry / Add Custom Object area. double cliocking on that will bring up its properties where you can set it to box, sphere, etc (Object - advanced sounds like what you need).
You can also go onto the Items tab, and Add // PFX // collision Effector - which would basically add a null effector to your scene, a sort of free floating non renderable effect object. in this case a chunk of collision you can set to a sphere, box or an infinite plane.

for Number 2 maybe add more velocity to the particles. if they move faster they'll be less billowy - remmember the flame from a
blowtorch is gas under preasure shooting out.

for number 3, use a collision effector set to plane.

I'm not sure about 4, but there are some presets for
Hypervoxels that might point you in the right dirrection.

- Will.