PDA

View Full Version : Approximate Release Date Please

Paul_Boland
02-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi Newtek.

As I have said in past posts, I am looking to buy Lightwave 8 on student discount. Thing is, it's the middle of February and come the end of May, I will no longer be a student. Is there any chance you can release an approximate release date for Lightwave 8 so I know where I stand in this situation?

Thanks.

Freak
02-12-2004, 02:56 PM
I believe NT would have to totally stupid, to provide and ETA on the 8 release, considering the childish behaviour of so many people in the last month or two....

I "speculated" at when it "might" be seen in this thread....

Me has nothing to do with NT, and therefore you can only yell at me, if i'm wrong......

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php? s=&threadid=17932&pagenumber=4 (watch the wrap)

You will still be a student when it's released.....

Maxx
02-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Personally, I'd say go ahead and grab it now with the discount. You're still a student, I believe a pre-order will count (for qualifying for the discount, I mean). At the next paid upgrade, all you have to do is upgrade at regular price to go to a commercial license. It doesn't seem that there could possibly be all that much longer until [8] is released, but I could be wrong.

I don't know what the DFX+ bundle offer is if you buy as a student, but if it's included, I would recommend the deal all the more!

Chuck
02-12-2004, 03:05 PM
There are already more than enough threads on this topic, so this one will be closed.

Please rest assured that we are workiing toward releasing just as rapidly as we can, but at the moment are not ready to be more specific than that regarding a possible release date.