PDA

View Full Version : I want liquidy blue water!! :)

focus3d
02-12-2004, 03:39 AM
Hello! I am making a 10 second long animation that is just going to be some nice relaxing blue water for use in a flash animation.

I want to loop it, which I think I can do no problem, but I am having trouble getting the water looking nice and blue and liquidy.

I take it to get the ripples, I apply 2 procedurals, 1 twice the size of the other, then the size changes on one of them over time which creates the rippling effect.

I want my water to look like it's in a caribbean sea and is lovely and blue (only going to be about 100 pixels high and 400 wide).

Can anyone help me?

thankyou!

focus3d

digimassa
02-12-2004, 05:43 AM
:cool: to this topic there are a lot of tutorials, look at flay or here (http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm) or somewhere else^^, or search the forums^^

focus3d
02-12-2004, 06:13 AM
There are a few water tutorials, but I find they are either a)crap or b) for stormy sea type stuff.

I just want a nice techinque of doing lovely blue water without it looking choppy or fake!

Did a search here, but couldn't find anything appropriate, maybe I need to use better search terms though.

Thanks for the reply though mate.

peace

focus3d

digimassa
02-12-2004, 10:01 AM
:cool: creating water is still to complex to explain here in forum in a few sentences, look for a tutorial and try to get familiar with the settings and play a little around with them, you will get the results.^^

sllink
02-12-2004, 10:20 AM
What is going on in the animation? Is the water a key item or a background type of item? :rolleyes:

themaxx
02-12-2004, 10:25 AM
have you seen this (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17645&highlight=water) ?

gjjackson
02-12-2004, 07:06 PM
How about this;

focus3d
02-13-2004, 02:42 AM
Well I came up with pretty much what I wanted.

Here's a screenie below, looks alot better in motion!! :)

Thanks for all your help.

ingo
02-13-2004, 08:07 AM
All you need is a better reflection map of a clear blue sky to get a nice blue ocean. The ocean on my picture is blue from the reflection of the sky.