PDA

View Full Version : Looking for characters

rakennedy75
02-11-2004, 04:56 PM
I was looking to purchase a couple of characters. Mainly a guy and a girl with matching styles. I went to 3d02.com and turbosquid and the female characters i found were great but they didn't have a matching style for the male, at least not in the style I wanted. Is there another place I could find this or if anyone on here sells models for a fair price I will be willing to purchase them.

Thanks for your help

JDaniel
02-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Do you know what style characters you want?

rakennedy75
02-12-2004, 01:35 PM
I guess I don't have a particular style in mind. The women character should be well endowed, maybe something that is comical. I am open to different styles. If you have any examples I could let you know.

I could create the characters myself but the time it takes me to model the characters is not reasonable for the project i am working on.

Thanks for your reply and time

JDaniel
02-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Proton has several comic style characters.

rakennedy75
02-12-2004, 01:46 PM
forgive my ignorance.

I am not famaliar with Proton. Could you be more specific. Is that a website, if so what is the url.

thanks

JDaniel
02-12-2004, 03:32 PM
He's a moderator here. If it's a commercial project, I don't know about that, but if it's just your animation reel, I think you could find those characters around the community.
You should show ref. image of what you want and what you're willing to pay, if you need it fast.

rakennedy75
02-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Ok, I guess this could be a problem. I was going to use these models for commericial client but i was going to modify them.
Of course I was going to ask the artists before I did this.

If this is not an option, I understand. I was looking at spending $80 to $100 per model. This is around what Turbosquid and the other sites I found usually charge. Let me know if I am even in the ball park on this.

At this point I will probably have to pull out a pot of coffee and create the models myself. I do appreciate the replies and your time.

I am not a big fan of using someone else art. That kind of takes the fun out of the project. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

JDaniel
02-12-2004, 05:46 PM
I would show a pic of a female you found that you like, or might buy, and try and find,or create yourself, the male that you would like to have. Did that make any since? :)