PDA

View Full Version : 7.5C..What the FRAK!!

prospector
02-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Just upgraded to 7.5C (a mistake I think by reading posts about it) but here is my problem..

No matter what I do to any model as soon as I unweld to UV and work in the UV window, the ding dang points don't wanna merge back.:(
I've done nothing to the model, just in the UV window.

Also I can 'cut and paste a section to another layer, do nothing with it , cut and paste back to the original model and it WON'T MERGE POINTS:mad:

I do an info on 2 points that SHOULD merge and both are the exact same in 3D space.
I do a weld average to them, unweld, and they STILL WON'T MERGE.:mad:

I did a search for other posts like this and found nothing so I must be doing something wrong (but I doubt it)

prospector
02-11-2004, 08:28 AM
update

Was playing around with model and found that if there are ANY morphs connected to the points that are unwelded, even tho the morph is off (ie; set to 'base' in the dropdown list), it won't merge back.
Deleted all the morphs, and all merged back as it usually does.

Is this normal? cuz I don't remember ever having to do this before.

Strange.
Now I gotta go back and make all the hardworked morpfs again:(

Dodgy
02-11-2004, 08:41 AM
I have had a bit of a bizarre bug where I can't merge an object back together too. Usually when I've cut half and mirrored it (and don't say make sure your points are in the same place, I checked all that stuff)

I think the mesh becomes corrupt somehow, as if I load it into Deep Exploration, and then save it out again, merging it works again. If I quit and load the dodgy mesh in LW, it still refuses to merge properly... I think it has something to do with me smoothshifting a few polys and then merging back together any unmoved points a few times. Seems to break the mesh somehow..

prospector
02-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Yea that happens too (mirror and merge) with that model too.

Info panel says every point is exactly the same down to 4 decimal places and it won't merge.
I even tried to set a limit (not the auto setting) and went to 500UM and it still wouldn't merge...untill I deleted all the morphs.

PSIpower
02-11-2004, 08:54 AM
hmm, I have a post a few down from here that sounds similar to this but not quite, could be the same type of problem though. Only way I can seem to fix it is to delete my endomorphs as well..... which makes endomorphs completely pointless.

(its the "wierd split surface puzzle" post)

prospector
02-11-2004, 12:45 PM
looks like it.
wonder if Newtek can verify this as something in just C or will this continue into 8.
Looks like no morphs can be done untill you never have to 'unweld' again as the more you model the more points you would have to re-weld if you do morphing while ya build model.

This could get to be NOT FUN.