PDA

View Full Version : Extender Plus Demo

WilliamVaughan
02-11-2004, 06:49 AM
Extender Plus: 3 meg
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/LW8Demos/extenderplus.avi

pixym
02-11-2004, 07:00 AM
I have been waiting this feature for a long time !
Thanks NT

RomainR
02-11-2004, 07:08 AM
Way cool and very helpful. Thanx

Exper
02-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Again and again... Cool! :D

Chazz
02-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Yeah, that's really cool!!

WilliamVaughan
02-11-2004, 07:34 AM
I love that it lets me be sloppy with my selections :)

CB_3D
02-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Very nice, indeed!!:D

Matt
02-11-2004, 09:15 AM
More tools should be this intelligent in LightWave, NT should commission David Ikeda to replace more of the standard toolset with souped up versions! :)

Exper
02-11-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm sure NT is starting to understand the direction we're aiming... :D

Bye.

Kvaalen
02-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Antoher DI tool that we already have but it's great that it is being added to [8]. :)

BTW, there is also the FI extender which has the advantage that you can be even more sloppy with your selection and it will only extend the points that are on an open edge.

I sort of agree with Matt other than the fact that I'm not sure David Ikeda would have the liberty to work on what ever tool he wants.

WilliamVaughan
02-11-2004, 10:02 AM
You might soon find out tha those DI tools that you have are different then what is in 8....David and teh dev team have worked closely on improving them where needed :)

claymation
02-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Proton any new videos for today?

Jay

Matt
02-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by proton
You might soon find out tha those DI tools that you have are different then what is in 8....David and teh dev team have worked closely on improving them where needed :)

I'm sooooooooo glad you said that P! :)

A lot of peoples worries with DI's tools being integrated into LW8 was that they were added as is, and not moved on even further.

This is very good news to hear! :)

WilliamVaughan
02-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by claymation
Proton any new videos for today?

Jay

This was the demo for today...look for a new one tomorrow morning.

Kvaalen
02-11-2004, 11:07 AM

Glad to hear that. Some of the tools (especially Select Loop) would sometimes make Modeler crash. Were any bugs fixed or was the functionality the only thing improved?

BTW, tommarow can we see you import a rig from one character to another? :)

hunter
02-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Any chance of a rail extender? Ya' know so it can extend according to a BG curve. Now THAT would be cool. :)

claymation
02-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Doh!

I thought this was one from yesterday... translate plus... extender plus... just saw plus I guess.

Sorry about that

Looks good.

Jay

j3st3r
02-11-2004, 12:13 PM
I`m sorry to say, but I`m afraid that LW8 implementation is not as good (based on the informations we have) as the original DI PowerTools. They are just perfect as they are.

I was glad, that DI extender was aware of selection type, and with one command I could extend polys and points as well. No it looks like that most all-in-one command solutions will be separated...I`m not glad about it...

anieves
02-11-2004, 01:11 PM
oh, here we go again:rolleyes:

Chazz
02-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Eeeeeek...unsubscribe, unsubscribe!!

WilliamVaughan
02-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by j3st3r
I`m sorry to say, but I`m afraid that LW8 implementation is not as good (based on the informations we have) as the original DI PowerTools. They are just perfect as they are.

I was glad, that DI extender was aware of selection type, and with one command I could extend polys and points as well. No it looks like that most all-in-one command solutions will be separated...I`m not glad about it...

And your basing this off.....?

hrgiger
02-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Being a point by point modeler myself, I'm just glad that we have the ability to select a bunch of points in any random order and extend outward without a backface polygon. It's going to save me oodles of time and I'm glad it's in Lightwave 8 natively even if it was a free plug-in before.

j3st3r
02-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Please correct me, if I`m wrong! I`d like to be wrong!
Please!

WilliamVaughan
02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
You are Wrong :)

Extender plus works in both Poly and Point mode as it did before...not sure why you jumped to teh conclusion taht it was different....

j3st3r
02-11-2004, 02:48 PM
I beg your pardon! I`m happy now! :D

Anyway, will be there answer to my question of UV vs Subdiv? Or it is a surprise?

Matt
02-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Proton - I have a quick request for you to pass on to the dev team if you'd be so kind! Regarding the DI PowerTools integration into LW8.

I love the fact that DI's Bandsaw had combined the realtime update of cuts onto the model that the current Bandsaw Pro has, but also the ability to drag the 'edge cut sliders' around in the interface that the original Bandsaw has (but Pro doesn't have).

The only thing missing that would make the other two redundant is the fact that DI's Bandsaw won't allow you to spin / zoom your model around before committing the cuts.

A kinda combination of all three is what we need!!!

Feel free to throw any other goodies in too! :)

(Did all that make sense, if not I'll mock it up)

Cheers
Matt

WilliamVaughan
02-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Be sure to send that in to [email protected] :)

Originally posted by Matt
Proton - I have a quick request for you to pass on to the dev team if you'd be so kind! Regarding the DI PowerTools integration into LW8.

I love the fact that DI's Bandsaw had combined the realtime update of cuts onto the model that the current Bandsaw Pro has, but also the ability to drag the 'edge cut sliders' around in the interface that the original Bandsaw has (but Pro doesn't have).

The only thing missing that would make the other two redundant is the fact that DI's Bandsaw won't allow you to spin / zoom your model around before committing the cuts.

A kinda combination of all three is what we need!!!

Feel free to throw any other goodies in too! :)

(Did all that make sense, if not I'll mock it up)

Cheers
Matt

riki
02-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm glad to see that David's tools are finally a part of Lightwave. It took a lot of hard work to get there, and originally I didn't think there was much hope. But he made it. Well done.

toonafish
02-11-2004, 05:14 PM
don't want to be a party pooper but what I see here is not as impressive as what I can already do in 7.5 right now with FI's-OExtender.

Or are you hiding the best stuff in your sleeve...Proton ?

Fish

http://www.toonafish.nl

Fasty
02-11-2004, 07:50 PM
I agree with toonafish. Proton, have you tried Fi's OExtender? It really is the biz!!

I knew there was a comparison on these forums somewhere, and I managed to dig it up:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1007&highlight=extender

Love it!

Matt
02-12-2004, 04:34 AM
Be sure to send that in to [email protected] :)

Hehe, I knew that was coming! ;) Done!