PDA

View Full Version : George DV?

VidE
03-12-2003, 12:49 PM
I downloaded some George scripts and realized that I had no George folder in Aura DV. I have a George button in the program but the user guide makes no reference to 'George' at all and I don't know how to add in the new scripts. Is it possible, and if so, how do I do it? Is this one of the drawbacks of the budget version?

SBowie
03-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Sorry about the delay - I had to re-install AuraDV to recall the usage. Basically for your purposes, simply drop the George script into the Presets/Macro folder, then start Aura DV. Set the cycle switch at the top of the Presets panel to Macro, and select your script from the list in the window to run it.

BTW, if you want some more scripts, the free ToyBoxDV set can be found on the Aura pages at www.newtekpro.com (http://www.newtekpro.com) . (These are included in later AuraDV archives, but not the first release.)

VidE
03-12-2003, 03:00 PM
What Delay? I appreciate the speedy response. And thanks for the info, shall try right away!!!!

VidE
03-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Steve, the DV ToyBox and the fx icons are recognized by macro/preset box in Aura but I keep getting an error message about 'LINE 13-Error cannot read file-#include"Presets\ToyBox_DV\includes\Docs" when I try to use them. Do you know what is going on? I'm off to a shoot for a couple of days so feel free to respond even 'slower' then you did the first time if so you wish...and again, thanks.

SBowie
03-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by VidE
Steve, the DV ToyBox and the fx icons are recognized by macro/preset box in Aura but I keep getting an error message about 'LINE 13-Error cannot read file-#include"Presets\ToyBox_DV\includes\Docs" when I try to use them. Do you know what is going on? I'm off to a shoot for a couple of days so feel free to respond even 'slower' then you did the first time if so you wish...and again, thanks. Oh, hold the phone.

The info I gave you above was intended to help you run George Scripts that you downloaded. ToyBoxDV is a special case, not a standalone macro like we were discussing. As menitoned in its readme file, to install it -- simply drop it's entire folder and contents intact into the Presets folder, then re-start Aura. This will add a ToyBoxDV entry to the cycle switch at the top of the Presets menu.