PDA

View Full Version : Camera movement

random_human_02
02-10-2004, 10:23 AM
I need just a bit of help here, I do not know exactly what to look for in the manual. This is my problem/situation:

I have a basic scene, text and a plane.

The text rises from underneath the plane across 20 keyframes.

At key frame 20, the camera starts to swing to the left, keeping the text centered. The happens from keyframe 21 to 40.

Everything is going good, BUT, I must be able to keep the camera in one position (the same spot) from keyframe 0 to 20.

It doesnt do that though. Even though my camera's first keyframe is at 21. It kinda moves back and to the side a bit.

My question is, How can I pause the camera for a specific amount of time and then begin to move it.

I believe this is done in the graph editor, correct me if I am wrong. Do I need a path for the camera to follow? ( I like the camera motion now..with no path)

I'll take any hints, tips, links.. page numbers.. anything... I feel once I grasp the control of the camera, a whole new door will open for me.

Thanks

random_human_02
02-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Ok, I think I am getting somewhere... take a look at the image below, the red line is what I need to straighten out from frame 1 to 40... how can I remove that arch?

random_human_02
02-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Ummm... I got it straight, but the camera stilll moves... sorry for my own spam! lol

random_human_02
02-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Ahhh.. I got it, thanks for all the help :)

I guess it does pay to play! LOL

wingwalker
02-10-2004, 12:32 PM
eeeerrrr...what just happened there????????

pdrake
02-10-2004, 01:33 PM
make the curve linear.