PDA

View Full Version : what about Wolrey ????

vbk!!!
02-10-2004, 04:06 AM
i seek information about this new in the worley's site

"2/9/04
It's a cold February but we've stayed warm, locked in the Labs, polishing our latest invention. We're almost ready to post a demo video of our speedy new product."

if someone could share some info ..... please

there is a photo on the site : a keyboard without the "f9" key
does worley work on a rendering engine ????:eek:

Exper
02-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Is this the first 3rd party Rendering Engine connected to LW via the new External-Renderer-SDK-Bridge? :D

Just joking... but also hoping! ;)

Bye.

brownie
02-10-2004, 04:27 AM
Good things about LW often come from Worley; and we always have to add their plugins to the features of LW before comparing it with other packages. This new plug (or ext. app.) seems to be related to the rendering functions, but it's the case for G2 yet. Maybe a real-time thing like Viper...

Matt
02-10-2004, 04:29 AM
The image associated with the news item has a picture of a keyboard with the F9 key missing. As we all know the F9 key is the key you press when you want to render but not save, usually a preview render.

Sooooo, if it's missing, it's because you don't need it, so my guess is maybe a realtime preview type thing that beats VIPER?

If it was the F10 key it would be quite exciting!

mattclary
02-10-2004, 05:58 AM
That would be really nice, as Viper is pretty much useless if you are working on transparent surfaces.

vashts
02-10-2004, 06:50 AM
I think it can be a new version of G2, maybe G3.. or simply G2 v2.0.. with a more efficient and cool preview window!
for the 3rd party rendering engine.. mmmh.. I think it's very very difficult! well, but not impossible..! :D

vash
love&peace

Red_Oddity
02-10-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by mattclary
That would be really nice, as Viper is pretty much useless if you are working on transparent surfaces.

Make that 'That would be really nice, as Viper is useless. '

mattclary
02-10-2004, 07:26 AM
;) Didn't want to over do it.

badllarma
02-10-2004, 08:06 AM
A guy from the North West Lightwave users group is a beta tester for Worley and sounded pretty excited about this one whatever it is for obvious reasons he won't tell me what it is no dout tied in with NDA's etc..

Because I'd be hear telling you all if I did :D OK I wouldn't because he would tell me not to, but he does know.

Every one will have to wait but we are all getting used to that by now :rolleyes:

Exper
02-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Buddhist monks... we are! :D

badllarma
02-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Orange is my favourite colour :D

blabberlicious
02-10-2004, 08:32 AM
I asked Worley if the their mystery product was linked to G2 or Sasquatch, as I was about to buy G2...

Worley mailed back that it wasn't, and their new Gizomo wouldn't make those Plugins redundant.

So keep guessing!

pblacklock
02-10-2004, 09:09 AM
i love mysteries as much as anyone else but i have been patiently waiting for L8 and now another goodie from worley.

How much abuse can we all take?

;)

Matt
02-10-2004, 09:36 AM
I still reckon it's something to do with realtime jiggery pokery in LightWave!

:)

Panikos
02-10-2004, 09:54 AM
I am just guessing that since the new tool offers features that are not present in G2 or are not similar to G2, (otherwise no reason for a new product, since its not an update)

the new tool must fills a gap that exists now in LW.
So I assume its a better/faster radiosity engine with caustics.
I would LOVE that :)

cresshead
02-10-2004, 11:00 AM
reading the info on G2 it appears that G2 is a preview interactive renderer much like viper but with added features so the mystery product if not related to G2's capabilities would be a new renderer for lightwave rather than a preview enhancement as that would tread on the toes of what G2 already does...

could it be a new radiosity renderer for lightwave?

..crossed fingers that it is and runs like Vray or lightscape.:D

Panikos
02-10-2004, 11:12 AM
cresshead, your top needs to go higher. V-Ray and Lightscape arent the best or the perfect. They are aged technologies too.
If you want to do something, learn from the mistakes of others, its easy and free. Worley can go better :cool:

hrgiger
02-10-2004, 11:21 AM
I'll bet it's a real time renderer or close to it. Damn, I was hoping for Sasquatch 2.;)

cresshead
02-10-2004, 11:22 AM
they maybe somewhat "old" [not vray really though] but they do something that final render stage 0 and stage 1 can't....

DELIVER....stunning graphics for t.v and film in a timely manner and with out head aches of umpteem rollouts of NASA style confusion that final render revels in!

vray is pretty simple to use and so is lightscape..they are also predictable..and that's a positive term in this case as a scene for final render that works is no basis for a very similar scene to work with thoses settings transposed to it...back to the drawing board each time...yuk.

a adaptive meshing for radiosity such as like that of lightscape could take a lightwave render down from several hours to 3-4 minuets per frame....max five & six had the lightscape engine put into it but they left out adaptive meshing so all of the meshes are the same resolution so a scene really bloats when you use radiosity in max 5/6... not really a step forward from lightscape's 1998 tech was it?

steve g

Exper
02-10-2004, 11:28 AM
LIGHTWAVE 3D 8 FEATURES - SDK
Public Hub API so that third party applications can communicate directly with Layout and Modeler
New SDK commands and options
New communication facilities for sharing data and parameters between Layout/Modeler and plugins, and between plugins.All you need to connect a 3rd party Rendering Engine...
maybe Worley has the first one! :D

Bye.

labuzz
02-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Plz Mr Worley makes your new power tool available for the Lightwave 7.x user!

WizCraker
02-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by labuzz
Plz Mr Worley makes your new power tool available for the Lightwave 7.x user!

You mean you haven't upgraded yet?

Matt
02-10-2004, 12:43 PM
if it isn't available for v7.x then it must be taking advantage of the new v8 features Exper has just hilighted, which means it could be anything!!! :)

labuzz
02-10-2004, 12:54 PM
You mean you haven't upgraded yet?

I have upgraded to messiah studio...So if Mr Worley could consider messiah user in the future!

Panikos
02-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Salut mon ami Bohran

:cool:

Worley develops a plugin to make money among other reasons.
Definitely his new tool wont work with LW56 or LW6.*
But he cannot exclude all people using LW7.*, so he knows well how to code tools with potential.

Bon soir mes amis
:D

WizCraker
02-10-2004, 01:07 PM
That is not lightwave, why would a LW Plugin developer make something for messiah studio?

labuzz
02-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Well yes this may sounds naive but I hope that messiah will have more "presence" in the future.

I prefer to support developpers ( "brains" )...

papou
02-10-2004, 04:24 PM
...so now, we don't need to hit f9 before using G2...coz it can access all datas with the sdk's improvements...
hmm.., i must think about this Viper replacement, more more powerful!

Freak
02-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Matt Wrote: "The image associated with the news item has a picture of a keyboard with the F9 key missing. As we all know the F9 key is the key you press when you want to render but not save, usually a preview render."

Huh? I use F9 to save all the time.......
I only use F10 to render final complete sequences....

I'm guessing the name of the Renderer will be "Vision"

Realtime previews are already done with G2,
and considering he'd want to make another version of that,
And i don't think it's going to do anything that G2 really does...

It won't be connectecd via the Hub....
But it will use LW8 features....

Freak
02-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Wizcracker Wrote: "That is not lightwave, why would a LW Plugin developer make something for messiah studio?"

Well they do plan on working with Luxology... (according the Lux)

"As a result of extensive experience in the 3D tools market, Luxology also has strong relationships with key software developers such as Curious Labs, Worley Labs, Project Messiah Group, Evasion 3D and Joe Alter Inc."

So maybe it's the Renderer to work along side "Modo"

But now i'm just speculating to cause trouble... ;)

Revanto
02-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Well, if it is Sasquatch 2 (and I remember that it was in development a while ago), I just hope they make a Saslite 2 built in to a future Lightwave. A much nicer and more feature-rich Saslite than the current one, that is.

Revanto

dwburman
02-10-2004, 10:03 PM
G2 doesn't *exactly* do a real time preview. I mean it does and it doesn't. In order to see surface changes you have to use boost settings in the G2 surface shader. It works but isn't elegant. Not to mention it doesn't (as far as I remember... but i could be wrong) show changes to image maps, procedurals etc, just the main channel levels. So it could be a viper replacement without exactly being redundant to G2.

My speculation...

One thing it could be is a real-time rendering system that uses the power of modern graphics cards with their programmable pixel and vertex shaders. That'd be cool... DirectX or OpenGL rendering. Obviously not usable in all situations but fabulous in the ones that it is usable in.

Hervé
02-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Hello, Steve Wrley also said this in December, he he....

"Our office will be closed December 25-28, and also December 31-January 1.

But soon after, watch this website, since we're getting ready to push the limits of 3D again! And this is our biggest advance ever.

Enjoy the holidays, and Happy Rendering!

Steve Worley"

So Now on to speculate.... Pushing the limits of 3D is quiet interesting.... and also ..... our biggest advance ever.... so here I acould imagine something more powerful than Sas or G2.... he he... well a real time renderer.... I really think it's that, unless it's something with liquids, something very advanced.... well as usual.... wait and see...

Hervé
02-10-2004, 11:46 PM
oups I missed the "O"of Worley.... sorry Steve...

Hey DWBurman, do U like the thumbs stuff series... I like it too.... My friend Sal worked as a set designer and builder.... and also his thumb is featuring in 2 series... Thumbtanics & Thumbwars if I recall...

Ade
02-11-2004, 02:11 AM
http://www.worley.com/media/examples/Cool/worleyvision.jpg

Looks in reguards to rendering or the need to not?
Maybe worley made an " F9 button" generator?:D

Hervé
02-11-2004, 05:04 AM
.... a custom LW keyboard with f9 button now labelled, "preview & pray".....:D

moth0027
02-11-2004, 05:09 AM
It's obviously some sort of new and improved transparency plugin that makes your F9 key transparent :p

Ade
02-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Could be and wish it were G2 hardware support!:D :) :eek: :confused:

Panikos
02-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Worley specifies that is a new speedy tool, so it doesnt complete G2 or Sasquatch. Most probably is Sasquatch2 since after G2 was out, Worley on his web wrote that he would work on it.
On the other hand, that teasing image with the F9 missing, and the upcoming video demonstrating the functionality of the new tool makes it sound like a quiz.

Without any doubt, Worley developed something that is currently missing and definitely worth investing in.

marko
02-11-2004, 12:10 PM
cg shaders?

hrgiger
02-11-2004, 02:01 PM
I think someone already said that Worley told them it wasn't Sasquatch 2 or G3 or anythnig like that. Perhaps he has made some sort of realtime rendering tool that goes above and beyond G2's lighting and shading preview system. Personally, I'd like to see Sas2 but I'll wait and see what the demovideo looks like of his new product.

blabberlicious
02-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Do I win $5 if I can guess what it's called?

'Worleyvision'

Take a look at the filename on that homepage 'teaser' graphic.

The cat' is out of the bag now!

It's...special pair of 3D glasses to wear that instatntly render your wireframes.

That explains the missing F9 button.

Duhh....! Such an obvious idea!

jamesl
02-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Hmmm... I think 'Worleyvision' is a good guess, but I think it's a pair of special glasses with hi-tech polymer coated lenses that make real-world objects appear 3d when you wear them... :eek:

j

mlinde
02-11-2004, 05:04 PM
It's the blue pill.

Muad'dib
02-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Damn Hervé beat me to it ... my money was and still is on a new black keyboard design ;) with gray polished aluminium ( Aus spelling ) keys to match the new LW 8 colour ( Aus spelling) scheme :D

Dr. Dardis
02-11-2004, 07:05 PM
I would Hazard a guess at some kind of cG shader implementation. If LW is gonna kcik on in games dev, that would help a great deal

but, 'tis just a guess. I think maybe that wouldn't have such a wide appeal in the LW community.....

ahh, speculation

Chris.

vbk!!!
02-12-2004, 02:13 AM
do you know what the comment of Worley about G2 ?
"LightWave's powerful lighting and shading system, featuring an interactive render quality preview... Realtime F9!"

Realtime F9 ....

A new replacement of Viper will born soon .... sure

Original1
02-12-2004, 02:31 AM
Is the Updated SDK for Lightwave 8 going to be made available on the Distribution Media?

KillMe
02-12-2004, 03:50 AM
before buying sasquatch i asked them about it and was told quite clearly its not sasquatch 2

the missing f9 certainly doesnt suggest sas either

anyway lookign forward to finding out =)

Matt
02-12-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by blabberlicious
Do I win $5 if I can guess what it's called?

'Worleyvision'

Take a look at the filename on that homepage 'teaser' graphic.

Nice detective work! :)

Freak
02-12-2004, 04:27 AM
Matt said: "Nice detective work!"

Not really, i already said that back on page 2....... :)

So it's my $5 bucks! Mine i tellz ya!
Give it to me, go on....... it's mine! all minez!

There are clues to everything, everywhere.....
But you'll never find em, if you looking for em...
But they will find you, if you don't!

Exper
02-12-2004, 04:33 AM
Worley's syndrome!

JDaniel
02-12-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm still guessing a projective renderer. Realtime object renderer! Sort of like the Microwave, but good. :D :cool:

Hervé
02-12-2004, 10:37 PM
why do U say that ??? is Microwave not good...?

blabberlicious
02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
From what I found, MW seemed pretty good - a vast imrovement on NT Surface baker - even though it's hampered with no multithreading.

JDaniel
02-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Sorry, didn't mean not good, just better,w/enhancements.