PDA

View Full Version : Finished NES controller

sidetrak
02-09-2004, 08:35 PM
I finally have my controller in a finished stage, its there for you to see, but criticism is welcome :). This is my second render btw.

veljko
02-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Great stuff!
I really enoj seeing someone go that extra mile to make the scene just right-
Most people would have pointed the camer at the nintendo, put a poly with a wood.tga texture on it and say its finished-
you my friend had more guts than that!
:) cool-

DM67
02-10-2004, 01:36 AM
Hi sidetrak,
I am in agreement with veljko, cool work :cool:

Hervé
02-10-2004, 01:40 AM
cool work here.... only comment is dof a bit strong....

tonsofpcs
02-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Nice :) I still play NES games as often as possible. :)
Is it just me or is the controller a bit too deep [thick]

Matt
02-10-2004, 06:48 AM
great work, love the wood texture (with it's bump) and the dirtied down textures.

my only crit is to do with the size too, but of the cable, is it really that thick?

otherwise top stuff!

otacon
02-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Good finish. The control is the right thickness, believe me, i spent hours looking at mine when i modeled it.;) You fixed the buttons, they look better. The cord might be a little thick, but thats the only problem i see.

sidetrak
02-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the comments guys :D .The dimensions of the controller itself should be exact, i typed "nes controller dimensions" into google and the dimensions that were found are as you see here. The cord was a rush job really, I didnt look at the real cord at all before i did it ,wich was pretty dumb:rolleyes: I figured someone would say something about this but do you think the color of the cord is correct??? I guessed at it right before I rendered it ,I guess I should spend more time looking at the details before I commit to a thirty minute render.

sidetrak
02-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by otacon
You fixed the buttons, they look better.

I didnt really touch the buttons after the last pic(in work in progress) but I think I succeeded in covering up my mistakes with the DOF;)

sidetrak
02-10-2004, 03:57 PM
OK, I scaled the cord down a bit, if you think its too small just remember that since its the same shape as the first its going to look smaller by comparison(if you still think its too small or too big just tell me;)) I kept the settings for DOF, I just dont agree with you Hervé:( I think it looks fine how it is. I just now realised that the pic doesnt make much sense. A controller by itself, with no sign of a TV or a NES, it doesnt make all that much sense so i'll change the background and put a pic of my TV .

Comments still welcome!:D

tonsofpcs
02-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by sidetrak
OK, I scaled the cord down a bit, if you think its too small just remember that since its the same shape as the first its going to look smaller by comparison(if you still think its too small or too big just tell me;)) I kept the settings for DOF, I just dont agree with you Hervé:( I think it looks fine how it is. I just now realised that the pic doesnt make much sense. A controller by itself, with no sign of a TV or a NES, it doesnt make all that much sense so i'll change the background and put a pic of my TV .

Comments still welcome!:D

Maybe you can texture a NES game on - If you need a nice screenshot of any particular one, tell me and I will try my best to get it ;)

sidetrak
02-11-2004, 02:42 PM
I cant believe i forgot to post the new pic ...well here it is

sidetrak
02-11-2004, 02:57 PM
I

Kenshin_X_66
02-17-2004, 08:17 AM
what makes this image for me is the bit of "black finger grease filth" on the front.

looks like many years of sweaty mario bros hands have taken their toll.

wood texture and bump looks great aswell

Pavel4life911
02-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Very Very Very Very great job! How do these people manage to do it?

tonsofpcs
03-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Kenshin_X_66
what makes this image for me is the bit of "black finger grease filth" on the front.
I thought he just used lightwave so much that he got a dirty lens :p