PDA

View Full Version : Just got DFX+!! Alpha question

Carm3D
02-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Hello,

I just got DFX+ and am experimenting with it...

I have 3 pre-rendered animations from LW.. a background, A foreground, and a foreground alpha. I know I could easily composite these in LW but I am trying ti figure out how I would do this in DFX+.. Can someone tell me how I would set the foreground alpha to be the alpha of the foreground animation? Is it in the Matt controls? Thanks!

CoryC
02-09-2004, 07:52 PM
If you rendered out your animation's alpha separately, load it in to your flow unattached to anything.

Next, put your foreground object into on of the display windows and right click on it. On the bottom of the dropdown box you see 'Effect Mask'. Select it and from the submenu select Bitmap.

The view should go black and a little marker should be on the Masks tab of your foreground object. Open up that tab and double click on the Bitmap 1 item.

About half way down, you will see an input box with the words 'Drop Tools Here'. Grab the foreground alpha icon from the flow and drag in right to the box. If your alpha is a grey scale image, set the channel to luminance.

If I am following you right, that should do it.

Carm3D
02-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks Cory!!!

I don't think I would have figured out something like that on my own.. Much props!

CoryC
02-09-2004, 09:31 PM
No problem. Just go through the courseware and you'll be a pro in no time.

FYI, there is a second CD-worth of courseware on the Eyeon site. It is a huge download though (550 meg I think).

Lightwolf
02-10-2004, 03:48 AM
Carm3D: You could also try the Matte Tool which has two inputs, one for the image, and one for the matte, and can merge them.
Another way would be to use channel booleans (I'm not sure if the DFX+ version you have has them, I would think so).
Cheers,
Mike

digimassa
02-10-2004, 05:26 AM
:cool: Hi Lightwolf, glad to meet you here, whats about spherical mapping for your plugin?^^

Lightwolf
02-10-2004, 05:41 AM
Working on it (amongst tons of other things..., gotta pay the bills ya know;) )
Cheers,
Mike

digimassa
02-10-2004, 07:03 AM
:D Oh, you earn money surfing forums^^

Lightwolf
02-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Yep, and I charge my customers for it ;)