PDA

View Full Version : Zoom or Grid Lock?

ttomw
02-09-2004, 04:30 PM
I've run into a problem a couple of times with .3ds objects I've loaded into Modeler. The zoom (all modes...keyboard, mouse etc.) works up to a point and then won't go further. This is true in all viewports.

The latest case is a large terrain with some buildings. Zoom works down to 200M grid then stops.

I've searched manuals, options, help and can't find a related setting that would be responsible for this.

I'm using 7.5b. Is this a bug? Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks

brtk
02-09-2004, 09:46 PM
I've run into a problem a couple of times with .3ds objects I've loaded into Modeler. The zoom (all modes...keyboard, mouse etc.) works up to a point and then won't go further. This is true in all viewports.
It has nothing to do with the imported objects format - if you load any LW-object big enough same thing will happen - the further from the origo you go, the less you are able to zoom.

Is this a bug? Can anyone enlighten me?
I donīt know, it has been there since [6]. AFAIK NT blames OpenGL:confused: Search these forums for more info...

The only workaround I know is to moove the geometry you want to edit to the origo, do what you want with it and moove it back...
There were two plugs called JettoLocal and C-plane, that automated the procedure described above...

Cheers

ttomw
02-09-2004, 11:00 PM
You were right. Thank you verrrry much. I was going crazy.

All I had to do was recenter it.

:) :) :) :)