PDA

View Full Version : Add this to the next Newtek Demo Reel

Lamont
03-12-2003, 11:47 AM
This should definately be in there... Panzer Dragoon Orta

Maybe do it like Softimage did? Have 5 games and play 3-5 second clips of them over and over for 3 minutes or so. You know, give the illusion that it's used everywhere.

BTW, that was a joke. The Softimage game demo reel sucked massive @$$.

Judas cow
03-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Yeah that was a great game, but in the credits they mention Max and LW. Maybe LW was used for the cinematics and Max was used for the in-game models? Does anyone know?

Lamont
03-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I don't know. I'll ask someone.

I like watching the credits too. It's cool to know someone reads every line like I do... now I don't feel so crazy ^_^!!

Game was like 4.5 hours long though. But it was a good 4.5 hours. Now I'm going through the extras.

I think both were used for in-game content. But it shouldn't stop NewTek from using it!!

Judas cow
03-12-2003, 11:53 PM
I'd love to see more Japanese stuff on the demo reels, there are so many great Lightwavers over there! I beat the game really quick too. (but with a lot of C's and D's) Hey, have you opened up the original Panzer Dragoon game? It's a lot of fun except the cinematics are horrible! But I bet they looked really cool back in the day.

Lamont
03-13-2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I've been playing the original and the side quests. I am sure I'll have every aspect of the game unlocked by this weekend.

I just want to see a bad-*** demo reel... with bad-*** game stuff!!

Nicodemus
03-13-2003, 10:42 PM
I hope they do add this to a demo for Lightwave. That is some great looking work.

L

Lamont
03-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Well, well... look who's here!! ^_^!! Hey dude!!

Nicodemus
03-14-2003, 09:25 AM
What's up man....been awhile I know. Such is life when you are moving and on the job hunt. How you been.

L

Lamont
03-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I'm cool.. I just moved to a new place and I am on the Job hunt. Also I am looking to buy a house in Japan.

Nicodemus
03-14-2003, 12:08 PM
OKAY.....big news on the whole house in Japan thing. That would be really cool. As someone that loves to travel I have to say the idea of having a home in another country is exciting. Are you looking to work there or are you planning on staying stateside?

L

Lamont
03-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Stay here, and eventually move there... but a home for 40k is something I don't want to pass up.

Nicodemus
03-14-2003, 12:18 PM
40K.....okay, that is definately worth looking into. That's the cost of a luxury car here. For prices like that you would be crazy not to be looking.

L

Lamont
03-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Where are you looking for work? And what type?

Nicodemus
03-14-2003, 12:23 PM
I am trying to stay on the East Coast right now and looking at things like Broadcast work. I have been keeping an eye out for gaming stuff but note that most want a few years experience at least in gaming and as of now I have zip specifically in gaming. So while looking I am trying to build up q library of stuff that would be more applicable to gaming.

I know of a few good companies in the area so I figure to wear them down by attrition till they have to hire me just to stop hearing from me.LOL Oh, and that whole talent thing too.

L

Anttij77
03-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Oooh! Panzer Dragoon Orta! I've been a fan of PD since the first game was released for the Sega Saturn! I've got all of them and i still play them almost every week! Panzer Dragoon Saga is one of the best RPG games i've ever played... And Panzer Dragoon Zwei is one of the best shoot'em ups... Haven't played Orta yet, however...

I seems they have used Lightwave for every PD game... I think Sega's in-house teams use mostly Lightwave!

Epita
03-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Cool Lamont, where do you want to live in Japan (i wana go for my gap year)

Good luck with getting a job.

Epita

Lamont
03-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Morioka (Iwate prefecture) is where I'll probably end up. It's near my in-laws.

SEGA has many teams, so I am sure LW is not involved in every production.

skarab
03-26-2003, 08:55 PM
from what I'v gathered over the years I think sega mostly use softimage for most of their productions. Although smilebit may use more of max and lightwave, I know AM2 and sonic team and others use softimage.

snickrep
06-24-2003, 01:23 PM
alot of sega's in-house development teams use softimage I think.