PDA

View Full Version : ??? Lightwave Discovery Edition ???

midosujisen
02-07-2004, 07:01 PM
I can't install software at work and I don't have an internet connection at home.

1. Where can I download the Lightwave Edition (demo version)? It is not obvious? How big is it? Link?

2. What are the limits to the demo version? Is it a different file format? Can I save under a certain point limit? Does it expire?

3. Will the Lightwave 8 demo version be available at the same time Lightwave 8 is released?

Thank you.

Aegis
02-08-2004, 05:02 AM
The Discovery Edition was available from NewTek's FTP site but it seems to have been taken down - In theory if you install the sentinel drivers from www.rainbow.com and then the 7.5c patch you should be able to run LightWave in "Discovery" mode.

The Discovery edition watermarks renders with a checkerboard pattern, doesn't allow you to save scenes (although you can save motions) and won't allow you to save objects with more than 400 vertices.

I suspect a demo version of 8 will be available shortly after the full package is released (whenever that is).

gjjackson
02-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Here's the link for the 7.5c update and the Html help.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/Patches/LightWave_Windows/lw75c/

This should, if I remeber, run in demo mode. I think it comes up as Discovery Edition. I'm not sure on this one. But previous versions the Hub didn't work either. I hope Newtek will have a newer version that would allow persons to do a little more to try it out.